+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jokanovic

Jokanovic

Someone mentioned him the other day and the more I think about it the more I think he would be an ideal replacement for Warnock next season, he knows how to get promoted from the championship and gets his team playing good football, now I don't know why but I had a good feeling about Bellamy being next manager but with what's going on I think that ship may have sailed, I think the club need to start looking at a longer term plan and not the easy short route we'll have a good couple of years of parachute payments to keep us ticking over to rebuild this current squad and start getting a decent infrastructure within the club preferably starting with the academy I know it's not cheap but in the end I believe it would pay for itself if we had the highest cat actually bringing in decent kids who would be the future of the club, another is the scouting system there's many gems abroad for next to no money but you need to put the time and effort in look at the lad at Norwich pukki picked up for next to nothing scored 24/25 goals roofe at Leeds is another example you don't need to break the bank to find decent players, looking at our current side it worries me how much of a revamp it needs the back four probably needs a total overhaul we'll have no midfield and we're desperate for a striker. I think it's in the best interest of us and Warnock himself to start afresh next season imho

Re: Jokanovic

I think we should wait until the end of the season because we don't know which division we'll be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I think we should wait until the end of the season because we don't know which division we'll be in.
    I don't think it matters that much. I know that financially, it is important for the club to be in the Premiership, but my concern is we will probably struggle even more than this season.
    I agree with Jamie, the side needs a vast overhaul and doing that while in the championship would be far easier

I would love to see him here.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I would love to see him here.
    Seeing the dramatic changes at Fulham at start of season , I wonder how many signings in the summer were his i? and was there outside interference with picking the team at Fulham ? I know they had used the loan market to get promoted but had a bigger budget than us and seemed to focus on “star” signings like Schurrle and Seri when they didn’t need midfield players.

Defensively, they looked a shambles but continued to under Ranieri .

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Seeing the dramatic changes at Fulham at start of season , I wonder how many signings in the summer were his i? and was there outside interference with picking the team at Fulham ? I know they had used the loan market to get promoted but had a bigger budget than us and seemed to focus on “star” signings like Schurrle and Seri when they didn’t need midfield players.

I find it incredible that Fulham seemed to put more of a priority on signing fading forward players like Babbel and Markovic in January than they did on shoring up their defence.

As for Jokanovic, i like the idea of bringing in someone like him, but, truthfully, how many of the current squad would he look at on his first day in the job and think "he could be part of a Cardiff team I can create which could end up playing like Watford and Fulham did to get promoted when I was in charge"? I believe we will need a big turnaround in the playing staff this summer, but it would have to be absolutely huge if you look at how we play now and the way Jokanovic would want us to play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I find it incredible that Fulham seemed to put more of a priority on signing fading forward players like Babbel and Markovic in January than they did on shoring up their defence.

As for Jokanovic, i like the idea of bringing in someone like him, but, truthfully, how many of the current squad would he look at on his first day in the job and think "he could be part of a Cardiff team I can create which could end up playing like Watford and Fulham did to get promoted when I was in charge"? I believe we will need a big turnaround in the playing staff this summer, but it would have to be absolutely huge if you look at how we play now and the way Jokanovic would want us to play.
    Agreed. A lot of the current team would not figure in his plans. But he would have the summer to get a few in and I'd like to think he'd give some of our youth a chance. Now that's a journey I would buy into.

No thanks. He speaks poor English, so cant communicate easily with his players and is very undemonstrative on the touchline - just stands with his arms folded i.e. no passion. His teams pass the ball to death, back and forth across the pitch with little penetration. He was also responsible for putting players like Odoi in the team - one of the poorest defenders I have ever seen. He fell lucky because players like Cairney, Sessignon etc were already at the club when he took over. Also, because the owner threw money at it like confetti, he was able to bring in who he wanted, leaving them in the position now where, when they go down, they will be in serious financial trouble, having spent considerably more than they earned. Most of the players he signed last summer arent good enough either, so he wasted vast sums of money. Fulham fans dont exactly appear in a rush to have him back either and that is very telling.

Yes please, would need a season or two grace as I'm not sure we have the squad to do what he wants.

Heard a rumour that most of the premier league signings were forced upon him,

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No thanks. He speaks poor English, so cant communicate easily with his players and is very undemonstrative on the touchline - just stands with his arms folded i.e. no passion. His teams pass the ball to death, back and forth across the pitch with little penetration. He was also responsible for putting players like Odoi in the team - one of the poorest defenders I have ever seen. He fell lucky because players like Cairney, Sessignon etc were already at the club when he took over. Also, because the owner threw money at it like confetti, he was able to bring in who he wanted, leaving them in the position now where, when they go down, they will be in serious financial trouble, having spent considerably more than they earned. Most of the players he signed last summer arent good enough either, so he wasted vast sums of money. Fulham fans dont exactly appear in a rush to have him back either and that is very telling.
    His English is so bad he managed to get two teams promoted to the PL. He’s so passionless he got two teams promoted. His style is so bad he got two teams promoted. Do I need to go on?

He didn’t make signings at Fulham, that’s Shahid Khan’s son Tony Khan who is head of recruitment there.

He brought through Sessengon and trusted him at a very young age, it’s not as if he was established when he joined. Giving youth players a chance is something we haven’t done in years.

He’s the type of manager we should be targeting long term when Warnock has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    His English is so bad he managed to get two teams promoted to the PL. He’s so passionless he got two teams promoted. His style is so bad he got two teams promoted. Do I need to go on?

He didn’t make signings at Fulham, that’s Shahid Khan’s son Tony Khan who is head of recruitment there.

He brought through Sessengon and trusted him at a very young age, it’s not as if he was established when he joined. Giving youth players a chance is something we haven’t done in years.

He’s the type of manager we should be targeting long term when Warnock has gone.
    But he speaks funny and doesn't wave his arms about enough

I refuse to believe there is any football problem that can't be solved with more pashun.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

I was halfway through typing a similar response, when I saw your reply. Brilliant answer to a dumb post.

I'm convinced this is a parody account

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post

The owner's son, Tony Khan, is the Director of Football there. Talksport radio have raised this point a few times, saying Joka didn't want all those new players disrupting his setup but was over-ruled. If NW steps down I'd like to see Joka here, but there's so many other unknowns that it just doesn't seem a priority for now.

WOW! Xenophobic much?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

This guy

Really? He has 2 promotions under his belt and it has been heavily publicised that Kahn’s son had been making the signings

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was halfway through typing a similar response, when I saw your reply. Brilliant answer to a dumb post.
    Like gringo said he has to be a piss take. He comes out with some awful takes on here. Speaks poor English ffs look at Bielsa at Leeds

Dml you must be a parody account ffs, imagine being that biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Who Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    start getting a decent infrastructure within the club preferably starting with the academy I know it's not cheap but in the end I believe it would pay for itself if we had the highest cat actually bringing in decent kids who would be the future of the club, another is the scouting system there's many gems abroad for next to no money but you need to put the time and effort in look at the lad at Norwich pukki picked up for next to nothing
    Genuine question cos I don't know - has the infrastructure and scouting been improved in the last couple of years? There's been plenty of talk on here recently about the NW legacy and while it seems our recruitment has been all about fitting into his way of thinking, do we know if what's going on behind the scenes has taken the same route?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Genuine question cos I don't know - has the infrastructure and scouting been improved in the last couple of years? There's been plenty of talk on here recently about the NW legacy and while it seems our recruitment has been all about fitting into his way of thinking, do we know if what's going on behind the scenes has taken the same route?
    To be honest, most of the people we seem to have made a move for would have been decent enough moves. I don't think we are terrible at recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I don’t think so Neil has said himself that the club needs a director of football because he has pretty much taken on most of the roles