+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jokanovic

Re: Jokanovic

Although I do not want a managerial change if one were to happen my preference would be for David Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    His English is so bad he managed to get two teams promoted to the PL. He’s so passionless he got two teams promoted. His style is so bad he got two teams promoted. Do I need to go on?

He didn’t make signings at Fulham, that’s Shahid Khan’s son Tony Khan who is head of recruitment there.

He brought through Sessengon and trusted him at a very young age, it’s not as if he was established when he joined. Giving youth players a chance is something we haven’t done in years.

He’s the type of manager we should be targeting long term when Warnock has gone.
    He got two teams promoted and then was sacked by both shortly afterwards. He failed to get over £100m of talent to gel as a team. Whenever we have had a manager who stands passionless on the sidelines with his arms crossed (Dave Jones Etc), there has been many complaints from fans about lack of passion. We can only give youth players a chance if they are good enough in the first place to get into the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was halfway through typing a similar response, when I saw your reply. Brilliant answer to a dumb post.
    Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean its dumb. I am entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Dml you must be a parody account ffs, imagine being that biased.
    How about staying on topic rather than just having a go at me. I am entitled to my opinion. Thought this was a forum. Obviously not. What am I biased about by the way. I dont like Jokanovic as a manager - so what

Like gringo said he has to be a piss take. He comes out with some awful takes on here. Speaks poor English ffs look at Bielsa at Leeds
    Playing the poster again instead of staying on the topic I see. I posted my opinion. All you do is have a go at people who's opinions differ from your own.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    WOW! Xenophobic much?
    Its a fact, not Xenophobic. How about posting your own opinion on the topic instead of just having a go at me - again.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Playing the poster again instead of staying on the topic I see. I posted my opinion. All you do is have a go at people who's opinions differ from your own.
    Oh the irony!!

Haven't both Watford and Fulham now decided he's not the right man for them in the premier league? Wouldn't it be a massive change of style similar to Malky to Ole to Slade to Trollope that meant our squad was so disjointed and fans so fed up that we needed Neil in?

I'd happily take him in as an attack coach but it seems to be fantasy to believe he'd be a success as manager here. Someone needed who is more tactically astute yes, but don't want to jump away from the basic principle of building on good team spirit and mentally strong players and don't think we need to jump a million miles from playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I'm convinced this is a parody account
    Please explain what a parody account is. My opinion is as valid as yours or any other of your 'cronies' on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Oh the irony!!
    Dont think I have ever posted a reply to one of your posts and as far as I am aware, you have never replied to any of mine. If you are basing your opinion of my posts on what some of the idiots above think then you are hardly going to get an unbiased view, as none of them like anything which disagrees with anything they post.

We would be mid table if he bought tne players in, he bought in one player mitrovic who is our best player, I see his ne t job in Spain with his family, our mess is due to Tony khan who played FIFA 19 and ballsed it up. Could write a boook about our mess, jokanovic is class goes alongside Roy and Keegan and second best football behind tigana

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Haven't both Watford and Fulham now decided he's not the right man for them in the premier league? Wouldn't it be a massive change of style similar to Malky to Ole to Slade to Trollope that meant our squad was so disjointed and fans so fed up that we needed Neil in?

I'd happily take him in as an attack coach but it seems to be fantasy to believe he'd be a success as manager here. Someone needed who is more tactically astute yes, but don't want to jump away from the basic principle of building on good team spirit and mentally strong players and don't think we need to jump a million miles from playing style.
    Wagner, whose side succeeded on not conceding and therefore much closer to Warnock's aim of x number of clean sheets to get promoted, is a step in the right direction, imo, whereas Jokanovic-ball is more attractive but a massive leap away from where we are currently. That Wagner players more attractive football than we currently do but keeps the same principles of team-spirit means it's a real choice or at least the characteristics of what I'd be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    We would be mid table if he bought tne players in, he bought in one player mitrovic who is our best player, I see his ne t job in Spain with his family, our mess is due to Tony khan who played FIFA 19 and ballsed it up. Could write a boook about our mess, jokanovic is class goes alongside Roy and Keegan and second best football behind tigana
    You had an amazing opportunity as i don’t think you needed to add much to your current squad but as you said tony stuck his nose in and ****ed it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    You were undefeated for x number of games last season and only went up via the play-offs. What was wrong in the first half of the season?

I wouldn’t want Wagner I think his football is more painful to watch than Warnock’s. That play off final with reading is probably the worst game of football I’ve ever seen

Wouldn't we be better off keeping Warnock, if the aim was to get promoted? Given he knows as well as anyone how to do it.

Or we could just wait and see what happens in the next 9 matches. Given Jokanovich failed awfully at Fulham in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Wouldn't we be better off keeping Warnock, if the aim was to get promoted? Given he knows as well as anyone how to do it.

Or we could just wait and see what happens in the next 9 matches. Given Jokanovich failed awfully at Fulham in the PL.
    I think the board failed him tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'd like a Dai Hunt type of manager, English easily understood, able to express himself by way of his flaying arms and legs movements , already has dressing room experince , has sat in the box with Tan , so knows how to rub up and mix it with the big wigs, players have heard his motivational skills from the stands, is eco friendly as he rides a bike , would save dosh on car expenses and provide an extra car parking space for someone, what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think the board failed him tbh
    Well he had rave reviews last season, I expect the board were bringing in players then also, that wasn't a problem when doing well.

He got two teams promoted and then was sacked by both shortly afterwards. He failed to get over £100m of talent to gel as a team. Whenever we have had a manager who stands passionless on the sidelines with his arms crossed (Dave Jones Etc), there has been many complaints from fans about lack of passion. We can only give youth players a chance if they are good enough in the first place to get into the first team.
    Watford got rid because he asked for too much money, do some basic research and you'll see that. It's hard to get players to gel as a team when you make so many signings to replace loan players, with the signings not even being made by the manager himself, what do you expect?

Give over, who cares about a lack of pushun, it isn't the 80s anymore.

I did stay on topic, you even responded to the post If you want to reply to my point about Bielsa at Leeds then carry on otherwise I'm going to cry about you going off topic

If that's all I do is have a go at people then report me and get me banned. Stop crying because you're getting called out for your weird comment about not wanting a manager for his lack of English despite success in the English leagues

Heisenberg

How about staying on topic rather than just having a go at me. I am entitled to my opinion. Thought this was a forum. Obviously not. What am I biased about by the way. I dont like Jokanovic as a manager - so what
    When you have an opinion that includes your belief that Jokanovic's English language skills aren't up to scratch, then people have every right to mock you. His English is excellent.

I wouldn't want Wagner or any of his ilk. More boring defence based football. Time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well he had rave reviews last season, I expect the board were bringing in players then also, that wasn't a problem when doing well.
    It wasn't a problem then because their squad was pieced together with loan players. Then they lost Button and Fredericks on frees in addition to key players going back (likes of Ojo, Piazon, Norwood, Targett, Kalas) to their parent club which left them with a very threadbare squad come the summer. They threw money around like a kid on Fifa which resulted in their terrible first 11 which can't defend at all.

Slavisia definitely takes blame, no question about that, but pinning the blame on their disastrous summer on him is just wrong. Fulham this season screams of QPR when they came up twice, spend spend spend on anyone without a care of where they will fit in. I would love to see him here with more of a modest budget and some sensible thought going into our transfers.

Watford got rid because he asked for too much money, do some basic research and you'll see that. It's hard to get players to gel as a team when you make so many signings to replace loan players, with the signings not even being made by the manager himself, what do you expect?

Give over, who cares about a lack of pushun, it isn't the 80s anymore.

I did stay on topic, you even responded to the post If you want to reply to my point about Bielsa at Leeds then carry on otherwise I'm going to cry about you going off topic

If that's all I do is have a go at people then report me and get me banned. Stop crying because you're getting called out for your weird comment about not wanting a manager for his lack of English despite success in the English leagues
    Not sure how much difference there is between Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league and Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league on the wages he was asking for, especially when you have a budget the size of ours. If they felt he was best placed to keep Watford up then surely the wages would have been met?

While our one Fulham fan on here seems to be in favour of Jokanovic, and while I can't say it's representative of all Fulham fans, the Fulhamish podcast seemed to suggest that as regrettable as it was it was time for Jokanovic to go. Would have to go back and check but you don't say it's time for the manager to go if the only problem is that the owner has bought in players he doesn't want. In that case you get annoyed with the owner. I seem to remember one reason being that there was very little logic that could be followed in picking his first team which included personal and formation.

We're just over two years past Slade's days as a manager here. I reckon people will say it's been better under Warnock and therefore pashun counts for something. We're a club where fans remember the times we had a "leader" as a manager perhaps more fondly than when we were playing great football.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I wouldn't want Wagner or any of his ilk. More boring defence based football. Time for a change.
    I'd argue that our recent history includes a period of time jumping from one style to almost the opposite several times in quick succession and it really didn't work. We're a club that still needs a lot of work done to improve incorporating youth players into the first team, expanding our scouting network, and we're in the middle of plans to build a dedicated training pitch. You might not like the style of football but it's far more important long term to spend on fixing those three points than it is to bring in a new manager who then wants to buy 15 new players because he has very different ideas about how football should be played. We can become a bit more attractive without jumping to that.