Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Not sure how much difference there is between Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league and Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league on the wages he was asking for, especially when you have a budget the size of ours. If they felt he was best placed to keep Watford up then surely the wages would have been met?

While our one Fulham fan on here seems to be in favour of Jokanovic, and while I can't say it's representative of all Fulham fans, the Fulhamish podcast seemed to suggest that as regrettable as it was it was time for Jokanovic to go. Would have to go back and check but you don't say it's time for the manager to go if the only problem is that the owner has bought in players he doesn't want. In that case you get annoyed with the owner. I seem to remember one reason being that there was very little logic that could be followed in picking his first team which included personal and formation.

We're just over two years past Slade's days as a manager here. I reckon people will say it's been better under Warnock and therefore pashun counts for something. We're a club where fans remember the times we had a "leader" as a manager perhaps more fondly than when we were playing great football.
No-one knows why Watford didn't match his wages, could have been a multitude of reasons to be honest. It would have made sense to match them, but he could have been asking for silly amounts. In the end it's not really worth potentially jeopardising your club if the manager doesn't work out.

Oh I do agree he didn't do well enough this season, but I feel that's a result of the poor signings (not the only reason, but still big enough) They were crazy at our place, never will we have a more open game in the PL than against that lot.

Passion is measured in a lot more ways than flailing around on the touchline, Slade was unimaginative, no charisma or wit in his pressers and very uninspired football. Some of the football we played under Neil last year was fantastic, the Villa game comes to mind for one. There needs to be a balance, if Jokanovic managed us and we won most games while he stands bone idle on the touchline I won't give a toss, it's worked for both Fulham and Watford at that level before so that's why I criticised DML's stupid point about the passion he displays