+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keith Flint - another one gone

Keith Flint - another one gone

What a tragedy, only 49.

Absolute top bloke & motor cycle racing fanatic. Met him loads of times at road races & his team won the TT a few years back.

RIP Keith

Re: Keith Flint - another one gone

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What a tragedy, only 49.

Absolute top bloke & motor cycle racing fanatic. Met him loads of times at road races & his team won the TT a few years back.

RIP Keith
    Gutted to hear this...original rave crew

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Gutted to hear this...original rave crew
    I was at least ten years too old to get into the rave scene to any serious extent, but I always found the Prodigy interesting because the music was so hard to classify - normally, the term "dance music" would be a big turn off for me, but not this time.

Surprised this thread hasn't got more responses.

RIP

Suicide. What a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Suicide. What a tragedy.
    Awful news

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was at least ten years too old to get into the rave scene to any serious extent, but I always found the Prodigy interesting because the music was so hard to classify - normally, the term "dance music" would be a big turn off for me, but not this time.

RIP
    Like you Bob I was a bit 'too old' for the Prodigy and never understood all the fuss.

I listened to some of their stuff today in light of the news, and still can't understand why they were popular at all.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

RIP
    Being 19 in 1991 when it kicked off big time was pretty awesome. A small scene back then with only the odd club in Cardiff having any decent nights. Loads of hot women in hardly any clothes, new music, new drugs, what’s not to like? There were the big raves like universe, raindance, fantazia on a national scale but it took a good few years to become mainstream.

I was always a rocker first and couldn’t really get into actively attending rave type clubs.

The Prodigy were different, they had catchy singles, brilliant frontmen and were excellent live.

First dance album I ever bought was ‘Fat of the Land’ and is still as fresh sounding today.

Sad news, a man who brought pleasure to millions suffering that awful affliction.

Being 19 in 1991 when it kicked off big time was pretty awesome. A small scene back then with only the odd club in Cardiff having any decent nights. Loads of hot women in hardly any clothes, new music, new drugs, what’s not to like? There were the big raves like universe, raindance, fantazia on a national scale but it took a good few years to become mainstream.
    you must be a similar age to me Goats ( by the power of my calculations, you are a year older than me ), as i know you have mentioned things in the past that were the same era, be it football or clubbing

the early days were the best, the sad thing is though we never really knew that that was as good as it got, I used to travel around the UK, leave work on friday lunch time and return home sunday night ( sometimes even got straight to work on monday morning )

Used to love the early universe raves, infact i do believe from a distant memory Prodigy played a universe rave ( might have been outside Bath or newport ) , they did 2 or 3 songs and stormed off stage for some reason, it didnt matter we just moved onto the DJ

Seen Prodigy a few times live, full on energy and a get time

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Like you Bob I was a bit 'too old' for the Prodigy and never understood all the fuss.

I listened to some of their stuff today in light of the news, and still can't understand why they were popular at all.

Horses for courses, I suppose.
    They were pushing the boundaries both musically and technologically. Samplers had only just started to become within reach of the common man, and they were doing new things with them. Previously only the big recording studios had them, and they used them in quite a boring way.

RIP Keith.

ironically it must have been prodigy that pushed rave into the mainstream with charlie says, certainly one of the 1st to make the charts

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    ironically it must have been prodigy that pushed rave into the mainstream with charlie says, certainly one of the 1st to make the charts
    That and ‘one love’, a classic piano tune. I’m sure our paths must have crossed as it wasn’t a huge scene back then. In fact, many I knew used to keep venues (a club, deserted mansion, warehouse or up the wenault) of raves secret until the last minute so no idiots or police found out, also no one wanted the docks lot turning up and ruining the night......some mates of mine took over a old house by st Mellon’s for a party and stayed there for months.....another down by the captains wife in sully. Crazy to think of it now, but no one came along to turf them out, when they did, they just moved on....

I remember going to a house rave in St Mellon's. It was a detached house down a country lane with an uphill driveway to get to it. A few bobs worth from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I remember going to a house rave in St Mellon's. It was a detached house down a country lane with an uphill driveway to get to it. A few bobs worth from what I can remember.
    Around 1992/93? That would be the one....crazy days

Around 1992/93? That would be the one....crazy days
    Yeah would have been about then.
    I started going late 80's early 90's. We used to travel all over the place for the illegal field and warehouse parties. Never liked the club venues. I too would go out on the Friday and not get back until the Sunday, and not come round until Tuesday

I downloaded The Fat Of The Land and have been listening to it quite a bit recently. There’s a great energy to The Prodigy’s music when you’re in the mood.

I don’t normally pay too much attention to music videos but Keith’s appearance in Breathe and Firestarter certainly made them more memorable ones.

Have never seen them live but seem a few clips on You Tube and they certainly know how to work a crowd.

Horrible news.

And now Luke Perry died!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And now Luke Perry died!
    Weird! I was sure Ramsey only got the one goal at the weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    So it was you who trampled on our lovely flowerbeds?

RIP :K.F. you firestarter

Exhale

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

So ungrateful, what about all those plants they left growing in your attic.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

A few of the floorboards were chopped up for firewood too. Nice gaff