+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April Fools' day comes early

Re: April Fools' day comes early

I can't see what reducing the time of each half to 40 minutes will achieve.

If the ball is out of play for say 10% of the game, that's four and a half minutes. So if we reduce the time of each half to 40 minutes, and the ball is out of play for 10% of the game, that's four minutes. So do we then reduce the game to 35 minutes?

What is required is good time keepeing by refs, or as someone suggested, an independent time keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I would like to see three halves.
    I think this is a tbg trap...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I can't see what reducing the time of each half to 40 minutes will achieve.

If the ball is out of play for say 10% of the game, that's four and a half minutes. So if we reduce the time of each half to 40 minutes, and the ball is out of play for 10% of the game, that's four minutes. So do we then reduce the game to 35 minutes?

What is required is good time keepeing by refs, or as someone suggested, an independent time keeper.
    As proved in the last World Cup, the ball is in play, in most games for between 55 to 75 minutes.

If you therefore take 65 as the average, if you stopped the clock every time the ball went out of play, a 7.45pm KO, would finish at about 10.05pm AND this doesn’t include stupid VAR

So in theory, by reducing the game time and stopping the clock, you would actually, increase the “ball in play” time.

PS——-I think VAR is going to spoil the game, for live game audiences !!!!! It’s a thing for plastic armchair watchers

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I would like to see three halves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They'd be 'thirds' then.
    thatsthejoke.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    PS——-I think VAR is going to spoil the game, for live game audiences !!!!! It’s a thing for plastic armchair watchers
    I'm not looking forward to this at all.