+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Fools' day comes early

April Fools' day comes early

Jamie Redknapp calls for two radical changes in football - and says fans would love it

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...major-14083816

Re: April Fools' day comes early

With the introduction of this stupid VAR inimiment, they have got to introduce (as in egg), stopping the clock.

Got to have proper time-keepers, so a reduction to 80 minutes MIGHT seem feasible

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    With the introduction of this stupid VAR inimiment, they have got to introduce (as in egg), stopping the clock.

Got to have proper time-keepers, so a reduction to 80 minutes MIGHT seem feasible
    I think he's calling for 40 minutes isn't he?

A lot of our games this season haven't had much more than 40 minutes of ball in play

It's probably all bollocks, but we do seem to be changing the game just for the sake of it these past years. Not much happened for more than a century, until the fiddlers came along wanting a product for TV.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think he's calling for 40 minutes isn't he?
    Ya I did read the first paragraph, just about

At 20 minutes a half, our fans would be leaving to get out of the car park before the game had started

At 20 minutes a half, our fans would be leaving to get out of the car park before the game had started
    You'd be buggered if you turned up 10 minutes late as well, they should just build a big roundabout instead of a car park

Six a side, 20 minute thirds, played on ice, perfect... Cardiff might even be champions 3 years on the bounce

Creative thinking from Jamie. Surprised he hasn't thought it through to its logical conclusion. Just decide the match at the toss. Make it best of 5 to create a little suspense. Imagine fans chanting "heads, heads. heads" while their rivals chanted " tails, tails tails". What an atmosphere we would have.The most successful teams would continue to be those who fork out fortunes for a load of tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Creative thinking from Jamie. Surprised he hasn't thought it through to its logical conclusion. Just decide the match at the toss. Make it best of 5 to create a little suspense. Imagine fans chanting "heads, heads. heads" while their rivals chanted " tails, tails tails". What an atmosphere we would have.The most successful teams would continue to be those who fork out fortunes for a load of tossers.
    Do away with timing the game, just make it “Last goal the winner” before the players gotta go home to mums for tea

"Jamie, it's due in 45 minutes. You have done your article, haven't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    You wouldn't hear them because of the new playing loud music during games trend.

Redknapp basically wants e-sports doesn't he?

Instead of 45 minutes football then 15 minutes to get a pint, there is some logic in having 15 minutes football and then 45 minutes to have a couple, especially for games like Watford and Everton.

I

Be no point in driving down to the ground. May as well stay at home - oh wait a minute, is this about arm chair fans again?

It's because of shit like this article that his wife left him.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    It's because of shit like this article that his wife left him.
    He wanted their lovemaking to be restricted to two three minutes sessions with loud rap music blaring in the bedroom.

I would like to see 30 minute halves with clock stopped when the ball is not in play.

20 minute halves would need to be 9 a side.

Am I the only one who wants to go back to 1970-71?

Am I the only one who wants to go back to 1970-71?
    No we want you to also.

I do wonder if VAR is successful, is there any need for a referee in the pitch ? The VAR referees (or whatever they are called) will have all the tv angles, can sound a klaxon to stop the game and display the decision on the big screen. No more abuse for the ref from players and managers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I would like to see 30 minute halves with clock stopped when the ball is not in play.

20 minute halves would need to be 9 a side.
    I would like to see three halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No we want you to also.
    The amateur punditry was so much better back then, as were the jokes.

The amateur punditry was so much better back then, as were the jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I would like to see three halves.
    They'd be 'thirds' then.