+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone keeps telling me...

Everyone keeps telling me...

...that the Championship is more fun than the Premiership. Should this make me feel better?

Re: Everyone keeps telling me...

It’s bullshit why wouldn’t you want to see some of the best players week in week out

It's only ever said by those in the championship or those facing relegation.

It's not a bad standard but in any given season there you're more likely to be a boring mid table team than beating teams left right and centre charging for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It’s bullshit why wouldn’t you want to see some of the best players week in week out
    Perhaps because I'd rather watch Cardiff win than be impressed by watching the best players giving us a ****ing whipping week in week out.

You can still watch the glory games on TV if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    Perhaps because I'd rather watch Cardiff win than be impressed by watching the best players giving us a ****ing whipping week in week out.
    My post wasn’t directed at you but the people telling you it’s better in the championship, I see no logic in wanting to see Cardiff city in the second tier of English football, the dream was always to get to the top but when we get there we want to go back down

My post wasn’t directed at you but the people telling you it’s better in the championship, I see no logic in wanting to see Cardiff city in the second tier of English football, the dream was always to get to the top but when we get there we want to go back down
    Been there, done that twice now. It's getting boring. I think it would be fun to have a look around League One for a year or two

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Been there, done that twice now. It's getting boring. I think it would be fun to have a look around League One for a year or two
    Seen enough of league 1 & 2 to last a lifetime

Actually, seeing some of the best players battering Cardiff City on our own patch has been a rather annoying and humbling experience. The wins have made up for it and have been among my top moments in over 20 years as a City fan, but the batterings have been awful.

Seen enough of league 1 & 2 to last a lifetime
    Most of our fans haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Actually, seeing some of the best players battering Cardiff City on our own patch has been a rather annoying and humbling experience. The wins have made up for it and have been among my top moments in over 20 years as a City fan, but the batterings have been awful.
    I haven't enjoyed being walked over either and i have my own thoughts as too why we have been but that's been done to death

I haven't enjoyed being walked over either and i have my own thoughts as too why we have been but that's been done to death
    Yes. It's been the total lack of belief, effort, willingness to be rolled over and butt****ed.

Yes. It's been the total lack of belief, effort, willingness to be rolled over and butt****ed.
    Politely put

Politely put
    I have a subtle knack with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    You begin a thread asking a question because you are seemingly unsure, however, from the quote it appears you already have the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You begin a thread asking a question because you are seemingly unsure, however, from the quote it appears you already have the answer...
    Does she? I can see 4 asterisks where she couldn't commit to a word.

If the Championship is the best place to be then why do crowds and interest increase whenever a team gets into an automatic promotion or playoff place? Why do we have pitch invasions when we clinch promotion? Why do the club arrange an open-top bus parade when we get out of the Championship... all because we have reached a place we don't want to be?

Does she? I can see 4 asterisks where she couldn't commit to a word.
    What?

If the Championship is the best place to be then why do crowds and interest increase whenever a team gets into an automatic promotion or playoff place? Why do we have pitch invasions when we clinch promotion? Why do the club arrange an open-top bus parade when we get out of the Championship... all because we have reached a place we don't want to be?
    Yep. It's a symbol of disgust at being one of the best in the division. How dare we.

What?

Yep. It's a symbol of disgust at being one of the best in the division. How dare we.
    Not a celebration of where we are going?

Not a celebration of where we are going?
    I'm in a bit of a sarcastic mood. Lowest form of wit etc. Ignore me! I'm not being serious

I'm in a bit of a sarcastic mood. Lowest form of wit etc. Ignore me! I'm not being serious
    Ah, sorry. I've just woke up here (or maybe not lol). No problems

You haven't had your daily dose of stats I suspect

Most of our fans haven't.
    not sure they would cope and would be of supporting EPL teams on Sky