+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who Wants To Bd A Millionaire?

Who Wants To Bd A Millionaire?

Bloke just won half a million......half a million on a telly quiz!!!!!! It’s enough to make you punch Clarkson 🤪🤪

Re: Who Wants To Bd A Millionaire?

Be a millionaire, it looks like who wants to bed a millionaire? Every bugger I s’pose😂

What was the last question?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What was the last question?
    Which politician had never been foreign secretary? Churchill, Eden, MacMillan or Douglas-Home?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which politician had never been foreign secretary? Churchill, Eden, MacMillan or Douglas-Home?
    I'd take the money. Not a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'd take the money. Not a clue.
    It was Churchill but congratulations all the same 🤪

I thought they were all British.

I know I may be in the minority but I like Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I know I may be in the minority but I like Clarkson
    Correct Jamie...........You’re in the minority👍

Correct Jamie...........You’re in the minority��
    I have to be right about something eventually

Can I just say I knew the answer. As you can tell from my moniker politics is my special subject. Apart from footie I know feck all else.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Can I just say I knew the answer. As you can tell from my moniker politics is my special subject. Apart from footie I know feck all else.
    Same here. I have no idea what the other questions were and I probably wouldn't have won a grand, but that wasn't too difficult.

For people who quiz regularly I thought the £500k question was quite easy and the £1m question guessable if you were fairly clued up up and sitting in your own home with no pressure at all. However, part of the drama of the programme is whether the contestant has the bottle to go for it if they think they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    For people who quiz regularly I thought the £500k question was quite easy and the £1m question guessable if you were fairly clued up up and sitting in your own home with no pressure at all. However, part of the drama of the programme is whether the contestant has the bottle to go for it if they think they know.
    And I include myself in this, but I wouldn't have gambled on the £1m question when it mattered, even though having read the question in this thread and felt confident in the answer, without total confidence, I would have taken the money.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4956433]And I include myself in this, but I wouldn't have gambled on the £1m question when it mattered, even though having read the question in this thread and felt confident in the answer, without total confidence, I would have taken the money.[/QUOTE

When he was talking through the question with Clarkson he dismissed the correct answer straightaway and his subsequent ramblings proved he knew little about 20th century politicians. I wonder if they are encouraged to string it out in this fashion before saying I don’t know on the basis that it makes better television. For me it just drags it out.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Boers should have shot him when they had the chance

I've won 3 times on Trans-Atlantic flights but that tight git Branson won't hand over the cash!

[QUOTE=Enoch Mort;4956442]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And I include myself in this, but I wouldn't have gambled on the £1m question when it mattered, even though having read the question in this thread and felt confident in the answer, without total confidence, I would have taken the money.[/QUOTE

When he was talking through the question with Clarkson he dismissed the correct answer straightaway and his subsequent ramblings proved he knew little about 20th century politicians. I wonder if they are encouraged to string it out in this fashion before saying I don’t know on the basis that it makes better television. For me it just drags it out.
    Eggheads is by far the worst for stringing out answers. It's not sufficient to just say the right answer straight away, even if you 100% know the answer. You still have to give lengthy reasons why the other options are wrong.

[QUOTE=The Bloop;4956534]

Eggheads is by far the worst for stringing out answers. It's not sufficient to just say the right answer straight away, even if you 100% know the answer. You still have to give lengthy reasons why the other options are wrong.
    I stopped watching Eggheads because of this.
    Has to be the most boring quiz on TV.

The final question was fairly easy, you only needed to have a little bit of knowledge about the things Churchill has done to see he was never foriegn secretary. The problem would be, do you trust your instincts when all that money is at stake.

Anyway, I stopped watching the show after the first two series with that other c0ck who used to be on TISWAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The final question was fairly easy, you only needed to have a little bit of knowledge about the things Churchill has done to see he was never foriegn secretary. The problem would be, do you trust your instincts when all that money is at stake.

Anyway, I stopped watching the show after the first two series with that other c0ck who used to be on TISWAS.
    The cynic in me, is convinced the first contestant was a plant !!!!

Funny how the first one up got to half a million (I answered every question) on the first show.

To convenient for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The cynic in me, is convinced the first contestant was a plant !!!!

Funny how the first one up got to half a million (I answered every question) on the first show.

To convenient for my liking
    Nah, the gambling laws are incredibly strict. TV shows can't even think about trying that kind of thing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

It was fairly easy for a sum of £1m, then again I think they quite like the idea of someone winning £1m. It's good publicity. When Judith Keppel, now of Eggheads fame, won the first £1m on British TV, her final question was 'Which King was Eleanor of Aquitaine married to ?". Wives of English Kings is meat and drink to regular quizzers and Eleanor of Aquitaine is one of the more famous. She didn't have to think about it to get it right. I remember thinking at the time that they were, in effect, giving the prize away.

It was fairly easy for a sum of £1m, then again I think they quite like the idea of someone winning £1m. It's good publicity. When Judith Keppel, now of Eggheads fame, won the first £1m on British TV, her final question was 'Which King was Eleanor of Aquitaine married to ?". Wives of English Kings is meat and drink to regular quizzers and Eleanor of Aquitaine is one of the more famous. She didn't have to think about it to get it right. I remember thinking at the time that they were, in effect, giving the prize away.
    There was a million winner in the USA, perhaps their first actually, who used his phone a friend on the final question to ring his dad and tell him he was about to win a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There was a million winner in the USA, perhaps their first actually, who used his phone a friend on the final question to ring his dad and tell him he was about to win a million dollars.
    The ultimate in showboating