Thread: Match day revenue

Match day revenue

Taken from a Swiss ramble Twitter thread about PNE

IMG_20190305_130500.jpg

Why is ours so low? In a season we finished second

Re: Match day revenue

Season ticket holders, Compass??

We aren't the only club with season ticket holders?

And I'm guessing other clubs have long term catering franchises? Maybe not?

Ah, presumably no cup runs has a big impact here as this is the total for he season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We aren't the only club with season ticket holders?

And I'm guessing other clubs have long term catering franchises? Maybe not?
    But perhaps the discrepancy between season tickets holders & match day walk up is greater. Don’t know, but it’s true that our crowds only significantly increase towards the end of the season if we’re in the mix,

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But perhaps the discrepancy between season tickets holders & match day walk up is greater. Don’t know, but it’s true that our crowds only significantly increase towards the end of the season if we’re in the mix,
    Maybe these numbers include season tickets? How many did we sell last year?

Ticket prices may have a bearing on how the graph pans out. I am sure the top 4 in that graph charged over 30 quid per ticket and in some cases 40 plus. city in comparison much cheaper.
    Spedger

Heisenberg

Ah, presumably no cup runs has a big impact here as this is the total for he season
    The home game v Man City in the FA cup would have likely brought in as much as a cup run against lower sides. A sell out crowd for £30 tickets - or 3,000-5,000 people at a tenner a pop for a couple of games.

I'm guessing it's the often criticised deal that was made with Compass that is leaving a lot to be desired in terms of match day revenue.

When does the Compass contract end?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    When does the Compass contract end?
    This year I think. Was a 10 year contract in 2009 for £48 million.
    It might be a little low given we were a solid championship team at the time and we have been in the premier league twice in that period and have a bigger stadium now, but I don't think it's the calamatous deal that some on here suggest.

Compass issue aside, revenue would increase at the bars if decent beer was served up and at a decent price. I wouldn't pay for the expensive slop is served up.

Thinking about it, if the compass contract is effectively £4.8 million a year this would put us much closer to the top, if it isn't included - I guess it is difficult to read much into it without knowing what is and isn't included

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Compass issue aside, revenue would increase at the bars if decent beer was served up and at a decent price. I wouldn't pay for the expensive slop is served up.
    You reckon. The queues to buy the overpriced rubbish are incredible. Loads leaving before HT to get their drinks in as well.

Same here, and the same goes for any food on sale. We need some decent real ale at 'spoons prices, before I even think of getting a pint at a game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Same here, and the same goes for any food on sale. We need some decent real ale at 'spoons prices, before I even think of getting a pint at a game
    As mentioned above, the bars in the ground have no problem re. Lack of custom. I’d be very happy if it was me making the profit and would question someone’s sanity if they asked me to improve the product or drop the price. As bad as the beer is, the queues to lap it up are consistently long. I would imagine it’s a ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ attitude.

How is the figures made up?

The beer is supply and demand, we demand shit beer!

IMG_20190305_130500.jpg

Becasue no one buys the sh1t food served at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Becasue no one buys the sh1t food served at the CCS.
    We effectively been getting 4.8 million a year for food sold on matchdays (which we had in a lump sum 10 years ago)

We played 23 games there last season, at an average attendance of 20,000 ISH

That's the equivalent of the club making £10 profit on catering to everyone who went to the ground last season. I don't think the compass deal is as bad as some say

Heisenberg

We effectively been getting 4.8 million a year for food sold on matchdays (which we had in a lump sum 10 years ago)

We played 23 games there last season, at an average attendance of 20,000 ISH

That's the equivalent of the club making £10 profit on catering to everyone who went to the ground last season. I don't think the compass deal is as bad as some say
    Sorry to be a pedant, but we played 27 games at the CCS last season.

The Compass contract includes all events at the stadium, doesn't it? Which, I'd assume, means the club also misses out on any food/beverage revenue from Wales games, gigs etc.

Do Compass get the rights to the Hospitality areas too (as they would likely be classed under 'catering')? If so, that's a hell of a lot of money that the club miss out on.

Put all of that into perspective and the deal looks worse than advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sorry to be a pedant, but we played 27 games at the CCS last season.

The Compass contract includes all events at the stadium, doesn't it? Which, I'd assume, means the club also misses out on any food/beverage revenue from Wales games, gigs etc.

Do Compass get the rights to the Hospitality areas too (as they would likely be classed under 'catering')? If so, that's a hell of a lot of money that the club miss out on.

Put all of that into perspective and the deal looks worse than advertised.
    Yeah you're right, the compass deal would include catering for all events. There aren't that many other events per year are there? Couple of internationals and maybe a concert? Thinking about it they also do work Xmas parties there.
    Im not saying the club can't get a better deal, but I don't think it would be that much better

There’s absolutely no context given with the graph so it’s meaningless. There’s nothing to indicate what’s included.

Yeah you're right, the compass deal would include catering for all events. There aren't that many other events per year are there? Couple of internationals and maybe a concert? Thinking about it they also do work Xmas parties there.
    Im not saying the club can't get a better deal, but I don't think it would be that much better
    I'd assume this would include weddings and conferences as well. Don't know about weddings, but I think there a quite few conferences there.

IMG_20190305_130500.jpg

1: Programme sales are minimum ... very poor quality in comparison to other PL and Championship efforts.
    2: Low catering and drink sales ... very expensive when compared to other outlets so many eat and drink outside stadium.
    3: Club Shop: Limited range of stock when compared to other PL and Championship clubs.

StT.
    <><