+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I was about to order a new Toyota C-HR

I was about to order a new Toyota C-HR

No longer at least for now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47457219
    Don't these idiots realise we Brits will not be intimidated by their scaremongering.
    Bugder off if trading is so awful here you lunatics.

Re: I was about to order a new Toyota C-HR

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Don't these idiots realise we Brits will not be intimidated by their scaremongering.
    I’m sure your stoic words will be of great comfort should Toyota lay off staff post Brexit and leaving without a deal.

And take all your pointless jobs and investment with you

Nick of all people I'm surprised you made this comment. I respect your opinion on many things but you're so wrong on this. I've been working with the majority of UK, Eu & Japanese automotive companies non stop on Brexit proposals since last July. I'm under insider trading restrictions at the moment, so cannot make specific comment. However, I can state the obvious the UK automotive industry is plummeting from one of the strongest & most respected in the world into a black hole. Billions of gbp of exports are going, I'd suggest in excess of 50,000 jobs will be lost and the last major bastion of British manufacturing will be severely weakened.

You know me well. That's not scaremongering, it's reality. Yes diesel, yes electrification, yes trade deals and be in no doubt Brexit just makes the whole thing into the perfect storm.

By the way the C-HR is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Nick of all people I'm surprised you made this comment. I respect your opinion on many things but you're so wrong on this. I've been working with the majority of UK, Eu & Japanese automotive companies non stop on Brexit proposals since last July. I'm under insider trading restrictions at the moment, so cannot make specific comment. However, I can state the obvious the UK automotive industry is plummeting from one of the strongest & most respected in the world into a black hole. Billions of gbp of exports are going, I'd suggest in excess of 50,000 jobs will be lost and the last major bastion of British manufacturing will be severely weakened.

You know me well. That's not scaremongering, it's reality. Yes diesel, yes electrification, yes trade deals and be in no doubt Brexit just makes the whole thing into the perfect storm.

By the way the C-HR is horrible.
    Why as a country we can't just reinvest /subsidise via public purse grant's in next generation electrification cars, and be in the forefront of the future car production is baffling ,we have the car plants, or is that too simple ?

Is it a case we price ourselves out of the market , with plant cost , transportation as an island ,high wages / pension liabilities ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why as a country we can't just reinvest /subsidise via public purse grant's in next generation electrification cars, and be in the forefront of the future car production is baffling ,we have the car plants, or is that too simple ?

Is it a case we price ourselves out of the market , with plant cost , transportation as an island ,high wages / pension liabilities ?
    I think it's something to do with the magic money tree that Theresa was talking about.

A nationalised car industry to compete on the world stage in place of existing UK-based car manafacturers sounds pie in the sky to me, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A nationalised car industry to compete on the world stage in place of existing UK-based car manafacturers sounds pie in the sky to me, I'm afraid.
    I'm not suggesting full nationalization as we know what that brings , however there is nothing stopping us funding the scientific developments , the build of Eco products and plant investments .

The PSA Group which owns Peugeot, Citroën, DS, Opel and Vauxhall with 13% being French government owned .

Part of me thinks though the whole industry is up in the air, Brexit or no Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think it's something to do with the magic money tree that Theresa was talking about.
    wrong leader

I'm probably not answering the right questions but i) there is not a single UK Car manufacturer, they're all foreign owned and they're taking their money elsewhere & ii) too late on the electrification next generation, most of the future winners are 5-7 years into development. Some big players have missed the boat and new battery companies will step into the gaps.

The company I work for is releasing 2025 technology & the car companies are all shortening vehicle model life from 7 years to 3 years. BMWs new software releases are changing from 3 per year to monthly & they have cancelled a vehicle launch as it has already been superseded by a rivals technology.

I'm probably not answering the right questions but i) there is not a single UK Car manufacturer, they're all foreign owned and they're taking their money elsewhere & ii) too late on the electrification next generation, most of the future winners are 5-7 years into development. Some big players have missed the boat and new battery companies will step into the gaps.

The company I work for is releasing 2025 technology & the car companies are all shortening vehicle model life from 7 years to 3 years. BMWs new software releases are changing from 3 per year to monthly & they have cancelled a vehicle launch as it has already been superseded by a rivals technology.
    Fast evolving market ..

Hope we do not have to go back to the days of buying a Friday afternoon assembled Austin Allegro.

hey des you seem to have your finger on the pulse when it comes to all things automotive i,m hearing from my comrades in Coventry that peuguot are looking to buy out jaguar landrover . Any truth

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    hey des you seem to have your finger on the pulse when it comes to all things automotive i,m hearing from my comrades in Coventry that peuguot are looking to buy out jaguar landrover . Any truth
    They might as well they own so much under the PSA group , Citeron,Opel, Peuguot,DS, Vauxhall Europe