+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Neil Warnock looks like a broken man."

"Neil Warnock looks like a broken man."

Well worth a listen this if you have the time;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p072pb2s

You might think what Messrs Gabbidon and Roberts say is a load of nonsense, but I think ex pros can notice when things aren't right at a club and, sadly, I reckon there's something to do what they say.

Re: "Neil Warnock looks like a broken man."

Recently we've had rotten luck. We could have easily gone in level against Watford and then it's a different game. We started really well at Molineux and then it rained goals for our opponents again. It must be demoralising to put so much effort in only to see us exposed at this level.

Personally I think Neil always knew we'd struggle to finish higher than bottom but given the way things have played out it feels like we've had everything snatched away from us.

Football is a funny old game and this would be one of the great football stories if we pull it off.

I think the insipid performance against Everton has all but killed us off. Warnock reverted to type with his team selection and the players didn't back him up. Starting Niasse, Zohore and Decordova-Reid at Wolves was the desperate decision of a manager who has run out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think the insipid performance against Everton has all but killed us off. Warnock reverted to type with his team selection and the players didn't back him up. Starting Niasse, Zohore and Decordova-Reid at Wolves was the desperate decision of a manager who has run out of ideas.
    So now you are criticising him for trying something different after two defeats. Fans have been calling for Zohore and Niasse to start together for ages, so what exactly is desperate about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So now you are criticising him for trying something different after two defeats. Fans have been calling for Zohore and Niasse to start together for ages, so what exactly is desperate about it.
    Throwing on three strikers after two heavy defeats where we garnered one goal is a sign of desperation, surely even you can see that?

Am I the only one who finds it odd he only changes the front 3 during games

I'm not knocking Warnock just stating something I found perplexing. All I'd say is to play three in midfield (Gunnars, Ralls and Camarasa) when Wolves played five (3-5-2) was strange.

Not surprisingly I think the Sala tragedy has really affected him.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    I'm not knocking Warnock just stating something I found perplexing. All I'd say is to play three in midfield (Gunnars, Ralls and Camarasa) when Wolves played five (3-5-2) was strange.

Not surprisingly I think the Sala tragedy has really affected him.

StT.
    <><
    The Sala tragedy has knocked the stuffing out of him so it seems. I wonder if his alleged ‘friendship’ with the McKay’s and the decidedly dodgy signings of the McKay twins, which seems to confirm a you scratch my back relationship, are preying on his mind, a lot of ‘what ifs’ & ‘if onlys’ may be swimming around in his head as well as trying to gee his football team up in a bitter relegation battle. All at 70 odd years of age, lesser men may have said ‘f*ck it’

Messrs Gabbidon and Roberts coudn't manage a corner shop,
    **** me.Some of our fans have thrown the towel in with 9 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Messrs Gabbidon and Roberts coudn't manage a corner shop,
    **** me.Some of our fans have thrown the towel in with 9 games to go.
    Too right ......if we do go down it won't be Neil Warnock's fault

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Throwing on three strikers after two heavy defeats where we garnered one goal is a sign of desperation, surely even you can see that?
    So we need to score more goals right. Your answer to that would be to play more defenders ?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I find it beyond odd, that we played well for 3 games running, winning the last 2 and then completely changed tactics, positions and accommodated players, as well as dropping the best player from those three games in Bobby Reid. I also find it even more odd that we haven't gone back to what worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I find it beyond odd, that we played well for 3 games running, winning the last 2 and then completely changed tactics, positions and accommodated players, as well as dropping the best player from those three games in Bobby Reid. I also find it even more odd that we haven't gone back to what worked.
    There was illness in the squad before the Watford match, so we had limited options. I think Reid was one of those affected.

The team selection against Everton is the one that has really pissed me off. That is when we should have gone back to what had been working.

So we need to score more goals right. Your answer to that would be to play more defenders ?
    Putting more strikers on the pitch doesn’t mean more goals though does it? We were creating nothing in the two previous games.

I want Warnock here next season but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to say when he does something wrong.

Neil, over the past 2 years, has been on an emotional rollercoaster!!!!

He’s had his wife’s illness to contend with, keeping us fans happy, plus as we all know, in the last few months, the terrible tragedy that struck us all (unless you are heartless)

At 70 years of age, god knows how he has coped, as I’m filling up just writing this !!!

The man is a godsend to us and a perfect fit (for most) Cardiff fans.

I hope he stays forever in some capacity, because as I’ve stated, “He is the perfect fit”

Relegation or not, who gives a shit, most of us have “been there, done that”, let’s do it again as a family .

No ONE MAN is bigger than the club, but this is not just “one man”, this is OUR OWN “NEIL WARNOCK” !!!!

Saved our club, when we were dying on our feet, biggest cheer on Saturday should be for him, to show that we are totally behind him, his back room staff and players

Don’t know if you noticed but we conceded 8 goals in two games before Wolves so maybe more defenders would have been a good idea

So you think goals and chances are created by just throwing on more attackers?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There was illness in the squad before the Watford match, so we had limited options. I think Reid was one of those affected.

The team selection against Everton is the one that has really pissed me off. That is when we should have gone back to what had been working.
    I get that there's been issues but we've changed three times now, and none of them is back to what worked! It took us 25 games or so to get to a style that worked, and then we've consigned it to the dustbin. God, it's annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Recently we've had rotten luck. We could have easily gone in level against Watford and then it's a different game. We started really well at Molineux and then it rained goals for our opponents again.
    Rotten luck? We can spend ages considering what might have been. The fact that we're talking about not taking a few crumbs says everything. We only moan about the penalty appeal against Watford because that was as good as it got for us in that first half. We created nothing. Would it have been a game changer? Sorry, but I can't see that. We were comprehensively outplayed. We got a freak penalty against Man Utd that might have got us back into the game, but it only inspired Man Utd and we got hammered. I reckon the same would have happened.

We're a side that needs to take a lot of our chances because we don't make that many. That's not rotten luck, that's not being good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Not just the fact that he only changes them, but the players he chooses to take off. There was a game recently where he took off Reid first who was having one his best games to that point. And the only one of the front three that finished the game was Paterson. The one playing out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Neil, over the past 2 years, has been on an emotional rollercoaster!!!!

He’s had his wife’s illness to contend with, keeping us fans happy, plus as we all know, in the last few months, the terrible tragedy that struck us all (unless you are heartless)

At 70 years of age, god knows how he has coped, as I’m filling up just writing this !!!

The man is a godsend to us and a perfect fit (for most) Cardiff fans.

I hope he stays forever in some capacity, because as I’ve stated, “He is the perfect fit”

Relegation or not, who gives a shit, most of us have “been there, done that”, let’s do it again as a family .

No ONE MAN is bigger than the club, but this is not just “one man”, this is OUR OWN “NEIL WARNOCK” !!!!

Saved our club, when we were dying on our feet, biggest cheer on Saturday should be for him, to show that we are totally behind him, his back room staff and players
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Rotten luck? We can spend ages considering what might have been. The fact that we're talking about not taking a few crumbs says everything. We only moan about the penalty appeal against Watford because that was as good as it got for us in that first half. We created nothing. Would it have been a game changer? Sorry, but I can't see that. We were comprehensively outplayed. We got a freak penalty against Man Utd that might have got us back into the game, but it only inspired Man Utd and we got hammered. I reckon the same would have happened.

We're a side that needs to take a lot of our chances because we don't make that many. That's not rotten luck, that's not being good enough.
    Absolutely. Plus we started the 2nd half v Watford well so the non penalty didn't kill us off.

That would have been our piss poor defending that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Absolutely. Plus we started the 2nd half v Watford well so the non penalty didn't kill us off.

That would have been our piss poor defending that did that.
    I wrote somewhere in the days following the Watford match that, even if that penalty had been given and we'd scored it, it only would have meant that the score was 1-1 and not 0-1 when we sent nearly all of our team forward for an attacking free kick which Joe Bennett underhit so poorly that more than half of our side was taken out of the game in a second - within no time at all, we would have been either 0-2 or 1-2 down and we would have been chasing the game either way.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wrote somewhere in the days following the Watford match that, even if that penalty had been given and we'd scored it, it only would have meant that the score was 1-1 and not 0-1 when we sent nearly all of our team forward for an attacking free kick which Joe Bennett underhit so poorly that more than half of our side was taken out of the game in a second - within no time at all, we would have been either 0-2 or 1-2 down and we would have been chasing the game either way.
    I respect your hypothetical take on the game, BUT hypothetically, we could have been 1-0 up in 40 seconds and we all seen how Watford fell apart at Liverpool 4 days later. (ok, I know it’s Liverpool)

GOALS change games and we are desperate for goals at any time, so to be denied what could have been one must be disheartening for the players