+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Solskjaer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Solskjaer

To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
    Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
    Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing
    Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.
    I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club

I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club
    Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!

Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!
    Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales

Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales
    Plus everybody else in the world who has ever kicked a football

Plus everybody else in the world who is a total fantasist
    Quite

To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation.
    He tried to get us to play a more measured passing game with midfielders getting forward, unlike the negative game we had under Mackay that season. Players like Daehli, Eikrem were technically better than some of our midfielders, Cala was comfortable with the ball at his feet unlike Turner, Hudson and Connolly and Burgstaller is a very good player. Craig Noone became more of a regular under him and played some of his best football for us under Ole.

I think if he had time on his side, he could have moulded something decent together, but he was always fishing for results. Too many changes per starting line up meant no consistency and our defensive discipline disintegrated. We didn't play any pressing game from what I remember and what might have been a good idea got picked apart.

We did score more goals under Solskjaer than we did under Mackay in the PL. Pity we let way too many in as well.