+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Solskjaer

Re: Solskjaer

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    ahh the levels of ignorance and lack of football knowledge just reached new heights..
    You just compared Marcus Rashford to Adam Le Fondre.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.
    Don't even know why I'm bothering, he's been on CCFC forums for years taking the piss out of the club. I think he's Norwegian or Ole himself.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.
    It is. if you are half way interested in how a club and football works. if you are mostly on a bus, singing songs and having a beer. But if looking at the details, the ins and outs. It really is about where a club is at that time and where it wants to go. If it wants to go in straight lines and dead end, it does. Look at Leeds now. Not much of a team to brag about, but they got their obsessive manager. Lucky for them, he didn't need time..

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    You just compared Marcus Rashford to Adam Le Fondre.
    For the halfwits, yes i did. Any one with two brain cells would know any role in hamlet have been played a thousand times, with different levels of characters off course..

For the halfwits, yes i did. Any one with two brain cells would know any role in hamlet have been played a thousand times, with different levels of characters off course..
    Shame Ole didn't have two brain cells when he was here then.

Shame Ole didn't have two brain cells when he was here then.
    oh dear..

oh dear..
    My reaction when I saw Adam Le Fondre lineup on the wing

My reaction when I saw Adam Le Fondre lineup on the wing
    inside forward, using the space around the box.. What was your reaction when Patterson was lined up on the wing?

i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?

inside forward, using the space around the box.. What was your reaction when Patterson was lined up on the wing?
    Similar to when I saw Adam lineup there too. Again, this isn't about Neil or his tactics.

I fully understand what an inside forward is, Rashford has played either up front or out wide since he debuted in the first team for United, he has more understanding of that role than Le Fondre ever had. Le Fondre was a pure poacher and was shunted out wide to accommodate Ole's weird tactics (which to this day not a single person can say they knew what he was trying). Square pegs, round holes comes to mind. Why not just buy a winger who can play that role? He certainly was backed in his time here.

i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?
    Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got

Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got
    Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time

The same role, dont remember his name. But they are using a young striker the same way at Utd with some success, aren't they? Although Paterson out wide, there is a stroke of long ball genius The level, ahhh the level..
    Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford
    Come on Jamie! I know you are not that dumb!... No, i am saying they are used in the same role.. At least now when they have all those injuries..

Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time
    Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here

Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here
    I dont think that day will ever come. But i agree with what he said himself. "I tried to implement it all at once, and that was a mistake". And a direct quote from one of the players i spoke with at the time. "We underestimated how deep the troubles at the club was running".
    Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Changed the game is a bit strong. It's not as though utd were dominant after that sub, just that they didn't look like being completely overrun. They were still very fortunate to have gone through.
    I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.
    PSG are the biggest enigmas among the clubs you look at as possible winners of the Champions League every year - their record in the competition, given their financial resources, is absolutely appalling.

Going to loose today...

Going to loose today...
    I think they’ll win Arsenal can’t defend

Going to loose today...
    Yes looking at the two lineups

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think they’ll win Arsenal can’t defend
    And suddenly Man Utd can.. Dont know, But think the run will come to an end today. Surely they can’t keep this run going 😳

Just read an interview saying Solskjaer saying Man Utd running stats are unacceptable. Remembering Slade saying the same when he came to Cardiff. Who is the froud? 🤔