+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solskjaer

Re: Solskjaer

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nice try
    I just checked, and he went directly to coaching the 1st team strikers. Fast-track Ole

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I just checked, and he went directly to coaching the 1st team strikers. Fast-track Ole
    Wait... You said he went straight from playing to managing the reserves. Does that mean that you were wrong earlier then?

I'm too stupid to understand any of that, sorry.
    True. Nice to agree of something, other than your long road of humble pie..

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    True. Nice to agree of something, other than your long road of humble pie..
    Are you the Norwegian David Brent?

Are you the Norwegian David Brent?
    Who is the Norwegian David Brent? You said you would die before you admit you where wrong. Ill argue the same with any progressive manager with an eye for details. Witch you won't.

Wait... You said he went straight from playing to managing the reserves. Does that mean that you were wrong earlier then?
    It was just a quick glance on Wikipedia. He stopped playing in 2007 and managed the reserves in 2008. I never knew he had a short stint coaching fully grown men who were among the best football players in Europe. How would he know what to do without first starting on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder?

First Pep, and now Ole! This is turning into a bit of a scandal, with all of these managers taking short cuts into coaching. Who is helping the kids?

Heisenberg

Who is the Norwegian David Brent? You said you would die before you admit you where wrong. Ill argue the same with any progressive manager with an eye for details. Witch you won't.
    I never said that at all. I said that you would never convince me that Solskjaer could have turned around City's fortunes. How can either of us be wrong when we will never actually know what would have happened?

Whatever Solskjaer achieves in his career will never mean that he could have fixed the mess he helped to create at City... And that's what I'm talking about when I say that you're trying to re-write history.

It's all well and good talking about patience (or patients) but when you're a recently relegated manager and taking your team towards the relegation zone in the division below, how much time are you expected to get to turn things around?

Basically, we will never know what would have happened had he stayed, but we were on a downward trajectory from the day he joined the club and I'm glad he didn't continue in his role any longer than he did.

Heisenberg

It was just a quick glance on Wikipedia. He stopped playing in 2007 and managed the reserves in 2008. I never knew he had a short stint coaching fully grown men who were among the best football players in Europe. How would he know what to do without first starting on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder?

First Pep, and now Ole! This is turning into a bit of a scandal, with all of these managers taking short cuts into coaching. Who is helping the kids?
    So you were wrong then. Thanks for admitting it for once.

I never said that at all. I said that you would never convince me that Solskjaer could have turned around City's fortunes. How can either of us be wrong when we will never actually know what would have happened?

Whatever Solskjaer achieves in his career will never mean that he could have fixed the mess he helped to create at City... And that's what I'm talking about when I say that you're trying to re-write history.

It's all well and good talking about patience (or patients) but when you're a recently relegated manager and taking your team towards the relegation zone in the division below, how much time are you expected to get to turn things around?

Basically, we will never know what would have happened had he stayed, but we were on a downward trajectory from the day he joined the club and I'm glad he didn't continue in his role any longer than he did.
    It was never about winning or loosing at that time. it was about red and blue. Toxic. It had to take time. it even had to take Slade. If you dont understand that, so be it. The day Warnock makes a first half change like that, ill give it to you. But your simplistic "it didn't work", dont sit right with me..

So you were wrong then. Thanks for admitting it for once.
    A teeny-weeny bit wrong, but I have opened up a huge can of worms in the process!

Ole should go down as one of the greatest managers we’ve ever had. Thanks to him helping to take us down and struggling so badly the following season, Tan put us back into blue. So it turned out alright in the end!

Heisenberg

It was never about winning or loosing at that time. it was about red and blue. Toxic. It had to take time. it even had to take Slade. If you dont understand that, so be it. The day Warnock makes a first half change like that, ill give it to you. But your simplistic "it didn't work", dont sit right with me..
    Of course it doesn't sit right with you and you seem to take it far too personally.

In my situation, it's nothing personal at all when it comes to Solskjaer... he's actually one of only 3 Man Utd players in history that I'd ever admit to liking (Mata and Kanchelskis are the other two).

I just can't agree that he should have been afforded more time when results were poor and there was no cohesion on the pitch.

Heisenberg

A teeny-weeny bit wrong, but I have opened up a huge can of worms in the process!
    Is the can of worms full of other times you've been wrong?

Of course it doesn't sit right with you and you seem to take it far too personally.

In my situation, it's nothing personal at all when it comes to Solskjaer... he's actually one of only 3 Man Utd players in history that I'd ever admit to liking (Mata and Kanchelskis are the other two).

I just can't agree that he should have been afforded more time when results were poor and there was no cohesion on the pitch.
    I dont even take my personal life personally, so your out there on your own again.. I know. you think 7 games with a new squad, AND in a toxic environment is sufficient. i get that. its what i say is moronic. lets leave it at that. for now.

Heisenberg

I dont even take my personal life personally, so your out there on your own again.. I know. you think 7 games with a new squad, AND in a toxic environment is sufficient. i get that. its what i say is moronic. lets leave it at that. for now.
    "I don't even take my personal life personally" Seriously, Wolf, Google 'David Brent'. He's essentially a fictitious Brendan Rodgers in terms of ridiculous sayings and isms.

You're just writing off his failings in the Premier League with City then? That will certainly help his win percentage, if nothing else.

"I don't even take my personal life personally" Seriously, Wolf, Google 'David Brent'. He's essentially a fictitious Brendan Rodgers in terms of ridiculous sayings and isms.

You're just writing off his failings in the Premier League with City then? That will certainly help his win percentage, if nothing else.
    exactly. My daily rutine is dictated by logic and reasoning. With affection for details. Been on a good run with that philosophy. Try it! won't hit as many bumps as you seem to do. And again, simplistic. The team we had was shit, and not his. We actually have a better team now, but somehow Warnock can do no wrong. How stupid is that? and its his own team.. He just took a team of kids and reserves to the quarter finals. And somehow you think it dont fit Cardiff City? He made a 400% turnover profit for Molde, and beating Ajax in their european group. That dont sit with you either? I just imagine what we would have been by now, and hope we give the next one of his calibre more time. And fans like yourself be gone. This club has big potential, even though your low self belief.

Heisenberg

exactly. My daily rutine is dictated by logic and reasoning. With affection for details. Been on a good run with that philosophy. Try it! won't hit as many bumps as you seem to do. And again, simplistic. The team we had was shit, and not his. We actually have a better team now, but somehow Warnock can do no wrong. How stupid is that? and its his own team.. He just took a team of kids and reserves to the quarter finals. And somehow you think it dont fit Cardiff City? He made a 400% turnover profit for Molde, and beating Ajax in their european group. That dont sit with you either? I just imagine what we would have been by now, and hope we give the next one of his calibre more time. And fans like yourself be gone. This club has big potential, even though your low self belief.
    I've already said that it's a great achievement beating PSG tonight but you have to go out and make it out to be something else... "kids and reserves"? You mean a starting XI including De Gea, Young, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Rashford, Fred and Lukaku? Not much experience or transfer value in that lot

Well done WB !you got it spot on .

I've already said that it's a great achievement beating PSG tonight but you have to go out and make it out to be something else... "kids and reserves"? You mean a starting XI including De Gea, Young, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Rashford, Fred and Lukaku? Not much experience or transfer value in that lot
    You dont think they fielded a reserve team either? No kids Either? When was the last time we put on a 17 year old? Thats right, under Ole.. Not much value when looking at PSG, no.

Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well done WB !you got it spot on .
    Aww... That's cute

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.
    Now you've done it. Be prepared to have your logic, intelligence, passion, football knowledge, status in life, wealth, national identity and numerous other characteristics called into question and flat out insulted in the coming weeks by our resident one-man Solskjaer fan club... until his new username is eventually banned.

You are literally not a Cardiff fan. You only popped up on **** when OGS came in and ever since he’s been sacked you’ve been winding up Cardiff fans and shitting all over the club and its fans. I am really impressed you’re still going at this even after the bans you’ve had

Now you've done it. Be prepared to have your logic, intelligence, passion, football knowledge, status in life, wealth, national identity and numerous other characteristics called into question and flat out insulted in the coming weeks by our resident one-man Solskjaer fan club... until his new username is eventually banned.
    Why should he be prepared for that? He is actually one of few reasons worth while reading this forum, along with a hand full of posters. Knows his football, follow and write about the youngsters. Which is pretty much the future of the club.
    Top poster and information source. Not like you having opinions on everything, then go on and on saying you have not expressed any opinion.. Different rules for different people, so no doubt i will be banned. Somehow you are still here.

Heisenberg

Why should he be prepared for that? He is actually one of few reasons worth while reading this forum, along with a hand full of posters. Knows his football, follow and write about the youngsters. Which is pretty much the future of the club.
    Top poster and information source. Not like you having opinions on everything, then go on and on saying you have not expressed any opinion.. Different rules for different people, so no doubt i will be banned. Somehow you are still here.
    Because you've been abusive towards me since you replied to my first critical post about Solskjaer a month or so ago... Which is exactly what TOBW has just done.

Also... You appear to have been banned for stepping over the line a thread about Emiliano Sala and causing offence... So, for that, you have no moral high ground to cling to, sorry.