Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solskjaer

Re: Solskjaer

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are you the Norwegian David Brent?
    Its Wales Bales

Because you've been abusive towards me since you replied to my first critical post about Solskjaer a month or so ago... Which is exactly what TOBW has just done.

Also... You appear to have been banned for stepping over the line a thread about Emiliano Sala and causing offence... So, for that, you have no moral high ground to cling to, sorry.
    Abusive towards you? Dont think so mate. just think you lack a bit in the intelligence department, and i dont mind people disagreeing with me. It would be strange if people wasn't . Your rhetoric and pisstaking is what get you in trouble. Every time. Then you backtrack when caught out. That is not why i was banned. I got banned for translating camarasas tweet on a child, and biting back. I never stepped over any line in any "Sala thread", so dont even go there.. But dont think its worth discussing anymore, is it? Dont remember if it was me or you who got this thread off topic. But i is now. SO...

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fair play to him he's proven me wrong about him unbelievable turn around
    He is being guided by Alex Ferguson and Mike Phelan. Without those two pointing him in the right direction he would still be the 'Useless One' as he was with us!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Abusive towards you? Dont think so mate. just think you lack a bit in the intelligence department, and i dont mind people disagreeing with me. It would be strange if people wasn't . Your rhetoric and pisstaking is what get you in trouble. Every time. Then you backtrack when caught out. That is not why i was banned. I got banned for translating camarasas tweet on a child, and biting back. I never stepped over any line in any "Sala thread", so dont even go there.. But dont think its worth discussing anymore, is it? Dont remember if it was me or you who got this thread off topic. But i is now. SO...
    You're right, it's absolutely pointless engaging with you. I'll put you on 'ignore' so there's no temptation in the future.

You're right, it's absolutely pointless engaging with you. I'll put you on 'ignore' so there's no temptation in the future.
    Thanks Ill just keep reading, like i do 90% of the time..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.
    Cardiff City was Ole's deer in the headlights moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cardiff City was Ole's dear in the headlights moment.
    Read this 3 times and thought “what the f uck is he on about” !!!!

Then I realised it should be “DEER”

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I don't recall there being reams of threads on here expressing outrage at the board for Ole's departure at the time.

I've had to change my opinion of Ole as a manager somewhat over the past three months or so, but I've not had to alter my opinion of him as a Cardiff City manager because what he is doing now has no effect on that at all - I thought he was a hopeless City manager in September 2014 and I think he was a hopeless City manager now.
    I think Ole would agree he was hopeless when he was here. It would be hard even for him to argue with that really. Because he was hopeless.

It goes to show what football fans know really. We thought it was a great appointment. It wasn't, it was awful. And we then thought that he was a terrible manager. He wasn't. He was just a terrible manager for us.

However I would say that of our many and various shit managers, he seems to have fared best in the fans' view. Despite his dreadful management that played a significant part in seeing us relegated he is not really disliked, and I suspect that is because he seems to be a decent person at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Read this 3 times and thought “what the f uck is he on about” !!!!

Then I realised it should be “DEER”
    Oh deer!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I think Ole would agree he was hopeless when he was here. It would be hard even for him to argue with that really. Because he was hopeless.

It goes to show what football fans know really. We thought it was a great appointment. It wasn't, it was awful. And we then thought that he was a terrible manager. He wasn't. He was just a terrible manager for us.

However I would say that of our many and various shit managers, he seems to have fared best in the fans' view. Despite his dreadful management that played a significant part in seeing us relegated he is not really disliked, and I suspect that is because he seems to be a decent person at heart.
    He didn't have the Man U backroom team behind him when he was here, nor the guidance of Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    I know I won't. You don't have the brains for it. Straight lines and long balls, , with a short term potential is more than you can handle. I'm not rewriteing anything. Just giving perspective.
    He just took his reserve team and made a night out out of it.. Anyone could have done it 👍
    Where’s the patients in this post? Have they got better? 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Agreed, I went to a a meeting he had with fans which was organised by the Trust. It was held about three days after Palace had thumped us 3-0 down here, but fronted up and handled what could well have been a difficult occasion very well, even though he did admit to being a little distracted because Manchester United were playing a Champions League Quarter Final at the time! After that meeting I really wanted him to succeed with us and I remember that when we won at Southampton the following weekend, I began to think he might just keep us up, but I think the fact that he had never been involved before with a struggling club during his football career (apart from us, I'd say he still hasn't) made his task a lot harder than he thought it would be.

Yeah, I hated his tenure with us as I've never seen a team look so clueless and disorganised, but it can't be denied that he has a likeable personality.

To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
    Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation. I doubt many of the players could either from what we saw.

Contrast that to Warnock here and instantly everyone knows exactly what they should be doing.
    Ole at Manu is similar, as soon as he got there players just seemed to know what they should be doing
    Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.

Ole has got a decent coaching team behind him at Man U, so his job is to stay positive and give rousing team talks.
    I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club

I've seen plenty of people bigging up the influence of other coaches like phelan and Carrick at man it's, but the reality is none of us really know who is responsible for what at the club
    Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!

A great photo of the big boss and the new boss..

Why do you keep coming up with all this "none of us really know" shite? Mike Phelan was Alex Ferguson's head coach from 2001-2008 and his assistant manager from 2008-2013. It's fecking obvious who the tactician is, and it's no coincidence they are playing the Fergus way!
    Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales

Sorry, I meant to say none of us really know - apart from Wales-Bales
    Plus everybody else in the world who has ever kicked a football

To this day, if you asked any Cardiff fans what ole was trying to achieve, and how he was trying to get us to play I don't think anyone could muster a decent explanation.
    He tried to get us to play a more measured passing game with midfielders getting forward, unlike the negative game we had under Mackay that season. Players like Daehli, Eikrem were technically better than some of our midfielders, Cala was comfortable with the ball at his feet unlike Turner, Hudson and Connolly and Burgstaller is a very good player. Craig Noone became more of a regular under him and played some of his best football for us under Ole.

I think if he had time on his side, he could have moulded something decent together, but he was always fishing for results. Too many changes per starting line up meant no consistency and our defensive discipline disintegrated. We didn't play any pressing game from what I remember and what might have been a good idea got picked apart.

We did score more goals under Solskjaer than we did under Mackay in the PL. Pity we let way too many in as well.

Plus everybody else in the world who is a total fantasist
    Quite

Quite
    It's fairly obvious the current Man Utd team have taken a step back in time mate. I wouldn't be surprised if old purple nose isn't the instigator of it all, from his perch upstairs. They've had 5 years of dross, and OGS is the perfect frontman to be in charge of a return to the recent successful past.

Quite

He really is a car crash!

His whole range of answers for everything are sourced from Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

He really is a car crash!

His whole range of answers for everything are sourced from Wikipedia
    Ah, here comes the backup. 5 of you talking the same old shit doesn't make the 5 of you right! I could handle 10 of you lot without even breaking into a sweat. Fecking amateurs