+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solskjaer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Solskjaer

Btw Balesy. Phelan was never the tactic guy. He was the translator, the feel good factor and the one giving players the details. Not the orchestrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's been pretty lucky, especially last night. They had 3 shots on target, one into an empty net, one Buffon spilled to Lukaku, and one hit the arm of a defender.
    I like ole and I like the football they are playing but I think this run is flattering him a bit, they are overperforming xG by a large amount at the moment and that never lasts
    Agree. Not sure luck is it. But poor defending. Poor goalkeeping and VAR saves the day for them. Yes, and a post shot from PSG. Dosent change the fact that they actually had some control. That sub after 30 minutes changed the game. PSG grew into it second half again, and again they adjust immediate. And those kids? Brilliant management, and it's not the first time. XG is a graph, not a fortune teller. And ”the sour one” made that median.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Agree. Not sure luck is it. But poor defending. Poor goalkeeping and VAR saves the day for them. Yes, and a post shot from PSG. Dosent change the fact that they actually had some control. That sub after 30 minutes changed the game. PSG grew into it second half again, and again they adjust immediate. And those kids? Brilliant management, and it's not the first time. XG is a graph, not a fortune teller. And ”the sour one” made that median.
    Changed the game is a bit strong. It's not as though utd were dominant after that sub, just that they didn't look like being completely overrun. They were still very fortunate to have gone through.

Changed the game is a bit strong. It's not as though utd were dominant after that sub, just that they didn't look like being completely overrun. They were still very fortunate to have gone through.
    It changed the game. It looked like a five goal loss at the time, to being defensive control. And the movement of PSG was effectively nullefied. Yes they are. Still a massive achievement with that team and bemch. It's like taking Blackpool to the quarter finals of champions league..

I can't help but like Solskjaer, he does seem like a down to earth good guy.

I can't remember wanting to see a manager succeed at Cardiff and in retrospect (especially having to endure Slade) maybe we should have given him longer considering the conflict of playing styles from Malky's to his.

However I do agree with those who say that they couldn't even understand what he was even trying to do at that time.
    His signings were underwhelming and considering his obsession with all things Man United I was really surprised that he didn't address the lack of pace in the squad.

Any half wit should admit, feck. We dropped a bollock letting this guy go! But we didn't let him go. He left by his own choice not being dictated how to build his team. Lets hope it dosent come down to the last game of the season, because that would be karma on another level!

I miss playing Le Fondre out wide what a genius manager Ole was, we'd be in the Champions League right now if we didn't let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I miss playing Le Fondre out wide what a genius manager Ole was, we'd be in the Champions League right now if we didn't let him go.
    The same role, dont remember his name. But they are using a young striker the same way at Utd with some success, aren't they? Although Paterson out wide, there is a stroke of long ball genius The level, ahhh the level..

The same role, dont remember his name. But they are using a young striker the same way at Utd with some success, aren't they? Although Paterson out wide, there is a stroke of long ball genius The level, ahhh the level..
    This has nothing to do with Warnock so leave it.

I don't know what striker you're on about, is it Rashford? Because if so you should be banned for trying to compare Le Fondre to Rashford Even then Rashford has been playing up front in a 2 recently so not sure what your point is.

Never in my life have I seen someone so obsessed with a manager who failed at Cardiff nearly 5 years ago. He's doing a brilliant job at United, doesn't change how poor he was here.

I don't know what striker you're on about, is it Rashford? Because if so you should be banned for trying to compare Le Fondre to Rashford Even then Rashford has been playing up front in a 2 recently so not sure what your point is.

Never in my life have I seen someone so obsessed with a manager who failed at Cardiff nearly 5 years ago. He's doing a brilliant job at United, doesn't change how poor he was here.
    ahh the levels of ignorance and lack of football knowledge just reached new heights..

ahh the levels of ignorance and lack of football knowledge just reached new heights..
    You just compared Marcus Rashford to Adam Le Fondre.

Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Come on wolf you’re not seriously comparing le fondre to Rashford
    Come on Jamie! I know you are not that dumb!... No, i am saying they are used in the same role.. At least now when they have all those injuries..

ahh, remembered it now.. Rushford or something.

Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, Leeds fans most probably think Brian Clough was shite, while Forest & Derby fans have a very different opinion. It’s how a manager or player performs at your club that matters, anything else is irrelevant really.
    Don't even know why I'm bothering, he's been on CCFC forums for years taking the piss out of the club. I think he's Norwegian or Ole himself.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It is. if you are half way interested in how a club and football works. if you are mostly on a bus, singing songs and having a beer. But if looking at the details, the ins and outs. It really is about where a club is at that time and where it wants to go. If it wants to go in straight lines and dead end, it does. Look at Leeds now. Not much of a team to brag about, but they got their obsessive manager. Lucky for them, he didn't need time..

i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?

i bet you are one of those thinking Slade "steady the ship", aren't you gandalf?
    Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got

Nope. throw some more irrelevant arguments my way if you want

For the record I didn't like Slade at all, he underperformed with the squad he had and never in my life have I seen less inspiring football or a less inspiring man It drove me away from the club during the 2014/15 season.

What else have you got
    Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time

Nothing. Just that i understand what he was trying to do, and you dont. And that it needed time
    Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here

Maybe one day you'll make a convincing argument that explains what Ole was trying to do here
    I dont think that day will ever come. But i agree with what he said himself. "I tried to implement it all at once, and that was a mistake". And a direct quote from one of the players i spoke with at the time. "We underestimated how deep the troubles at the club was running".
    Onwards and upwards

I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think they done a job on PSG. Took their chances, sat back and frustrated PSG, and then went for it at the end.
    PSG are the biggest enigmas among the clubs you look at as possible winners of the Champions League every year - their record in the competition, given their financial resources, is absolutely appalling.

Going to loose today...