+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

Re: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

BIG 6 cover up.
    Predicted.

Re: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best manager and players.

Not the first time they’ve been investigated! Got away with it previously

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best players and manager.
    Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't read about it, they are being investigated for historical financial irregularities (2014 & 2015). Whether they are "still" allegedly cheating; there hasn't been anything mentioned about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't read about it, they are being investigated for historical financial irregularities (2014 & 2015). Whether they are "still" allegedly cheating; there hasn't been anything mentioned about it.
    It's a current investigation, therefore the dates are immaterial.

Heisenberg

It's a current investigation, therefore the dates are immaterial.
    Shit! I didn't think of that. Can you tell UEFA that the dates are immaterial, in case they think they're important to their investigation for some reason.

Shit! I didn't think of that. Can you tell UEFA that the dates are immaterial, in case they think they're important to their investigation for some reason.
    It's when they are first discovered that counts. Even if they are from 2015, it doesn't make them any less of a violation. It just means they have been (alledgedly) well hidden.

Heisenberg

It's when they are first discovered that counts. Even if they are from 2015, it doesn't make them any less of a violation. It just means they have been (alledegedly) well hidden.
    Missing the point, as usual.

You're 100% correct... Except that it doesn't mean that they are "still" cheating, does it? Which is what you suggested.

If someone hasn't heard/read any of the stories about it and just saw your post, they'd assume that they are being investigated for a current situation because of the terminology you've used... That's all I was saying.

Missing the point, as usual.

You're 100% correct... Except that it doesn't mean that they are "still" cheating, does it? Which is what you suggested.

If someone hasn't heard/read any of the stories about it and just saw your post, they'd assume that they are being investigated for a current situation because of the terminology you've used... That's all I was saying.
    Here we go on another detour ...

It is a current situation. Cheating is cheating, no matter when you do it.

Don’t know why you bother... of course they will continue investigation to date if they find something. You can argue this clown for two pages, and then he suddenly has no opinion on the matter.. Only after bites...

Heisenberg

Another detour? You could have just let my post stand instead of arguing the toss about it not being important when the alleged infractions took place (despite you wondering why they are "still cheating").

It's almost like you thought that you might be have wrong about something and instantly went on the defensive - when I wasn't even having a go at you.

Another detour? You could have just let my post stand instead of arguing the toss about it not being important when the alleged infractions took place (despite you wondering why they are "still cheating").

It's almost like you thought that you might be have wrong about something and instantly went on the defensive - when I wasn't even having a go at you.
    You are taking the meaning of still in the wrong context. For the record they also had the best manager and players back in 2014, so my comment is valid.

Why should I let your BS stand? You were trying to make yourself look clever, but it didn't quite work out for you this time

They’ll just pay a hefty fine I expect

Heisenberg

You are taking the meaning of still in the wrong context. For the record they also had the best manager and players back in 2014, so my comment is valid.

Why should I let your BS stand? You were trying to make yourself look clever, but it didn't quite work out for you this time
    I love it. "taking still in the wrong context"

BTW if they are found to have violated the rules, any punishment will be applied to their present position, so it is certainly a current event.

I love it. "taking still in the wrong context"
    Read it very slowly, and maybe get someone to help you ... "I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best manager and players."

Heisenberg

Read it slowly ... "I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best manager and players."
    How could I take your present tense ("still feel") in the wrong context?! Silly me.

relegate them

we might be safe afterall

How could I take your present tense ("still feel") in the wrong context?! Silly me.
    Their alledged cheating has only just been discovered, so I am speaking in the present moment, and it hasn't been proven yet, so it is still an accusation.

Since it is an accusation it is possible that it didn't happen, in which case they could not have "felt" the need. Time to get the English books out old chap, you need to brush up a bit

Heisenberg

Since it is an accusation it is possible that it didn't happen, in which case they could not have "felt" the need. Time to get the English books out old chap, you need to brush up a bit
    Keep digging, Gluey

Keep digging, Gluey
    Don't expect any help from the rest of your gang, they don't seem to be the scholarly type

Keep digging, Gluey
    I'm confused. Is he trolling you or does he think he's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm confused. Is he trolling you or does he think he's right?
    It all depends on whether an allegation can be viewed in the past tense or not, i.e. what if it didn't happen? I only got an A level in English, so I am not an authority on this stuff