+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why do the bin lorries work during rush hours on main roads ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why do the bin lorries work during rush hours on main roads ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Pretty sure the contracts (in Cardiff)were changed a few years ago so they can now be collected any time between 6am and 10pm.
    Not really sure what the answer is to the Ops dilemma. If they avoided main roads at peak times then the side roads would be congested if they're collecting from there.
    I know what the answer is - patience.
    Or change their start time at work when there's a bin collection day?

Whenever I'm driving and see a bin lorry navigating their way through traffic I always give way regardless whose right of way it is - they have a job to do after all.

It's worth it just to see their smiley faces as they give me a hearty thumbs-up thank-you.

Do they f*ck !!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whenever I'm driving and see a bin lorry navigating their way through traffic I always give way regardless whose right of way it is - they have a job to do after all.

It's worth it just to see their smiley faces as they give me a hearty thumbs-up thank-you.

Do they f*ck !!
    From a young age my kids were fascinated by the bin men, and if they heard the lorry they would rush to the window so they could wave, and they always waved back.

I do t think I've spent more than a cumulative minute in the last year stuck behind a bin lorry, so for me it's a small price to pay