3 options
    Flight only
    Flight and transfers
    Flight, transfers and hotel

Book with deposit.

Full details, conditions and to book visit the website

ATOL protected.

Re: AZERBAIJAN CHARTER FROM CARDIFF ON SALE

I was involved in very strange situation when I visited Azerbaijan two years ago. I booked a room via AirBnB and when I turned up it transpired that another gentleman from Lebanon and who was studying in Baku, was staying longer term in the adjoining room - and there was no lock on the adjoining door between the rooms or even on the doors leading to the kitchen/entrance area. The only lock was on the main door, which led to a less than salubrious external landing and communal courtyard.. Seemed like a nice guy and we have a long chat in German (the only common language we had) and shared a couple of bottles of wine. I then decided to hit the sack but he popped into town for another drink. (The young 'landlord', who spoke very good English, didn't live at the premises and went home after he let me in earlier in the day).
    I left that morning for the train to Georgia but as the border approached I received a text message from the landlord stating that the guy in the next room had been robbed of $1500 US dollars although the explanation as to how it happened was extremely vague as the landlord and the Lebanese guy didn't have a common language.
    I seemed the prime suspect and it was only the following day that I stopped being the main suspect when one of the neighbours mentioned that there was a bit of a fracas on the external landing the night before.
    It transpired that the Lebanese guy didn't want to admit to anyone, including the Police, that he had been drinking alcohol as his parents were under the impression that he acted as a strict Muslim even when away from home.
    I am more used to dealing with Interflora than Interpol and it was a stressful 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was involved in very strange situation when I visited Azerbaijan two years ago. I booked a room via AirBnB and when I turned up it transpired that another gentleman from Lebanon and who was studying in Baku, was staying longer term in the adjoining room - and there was no lock on the adjoining door between the rooms or even on the doors leading to the kitchen/entrance area. The only lock was on the main door, which led to a less than salubrious external landing and communal courtyard.. Seemed like a nice guy and we have a long chat in German (the only common language we had) and shared a couple of bottles of wine. I then decided to hit the sack but he popped into town for another drink. (The young 'landlord', who spoke very good English, didn't live at the premises and went home after he let me in earlier in the day).
    I left that morning for the train to Georgia but as the border approached I received a text message from the landlord stating that the guy in the next room had been robbed of $1500 US dollars although the explanation as to how it happened was extremely vague as the landlord and the Lebanese guy didn't have a common language.
    I seemed the prime suspect and it was only the following day that I stopped being the main suspect when one of the neighbours mentioned that there was a bit of a fracas on the external landing the night before.
    It transpired that the Lebanese guy didn't want to admit to anyone, including the Police, that he had been drinking alcohol as his parents were under the impression that he acted as a strict Muslim even when away from home.
    I am more used to dealing with Interflora than Interpol and it was a stressful 24 hours.
    So where was the $1500 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    So where was the $1500 dollars?
    :nono: He was rolled by a couple of Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    :nono: He was rolled by a couple of Russians.
    Sounds a lively place.

International

I lived in Baku for several years and if your are Ex Pat you can stagger home blind drunk at 4 AM an you'll be safer than ever doing it in Cardiff. If a local man was found to have robbed a foreigner he'd be locked up and forgotten about. They take their reputation very seriously at a very high level.

That said most locals are nice enough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I lived in Baku for several years and if your are Ex Pat you can stagger home blind drunk at 4 AM an you'll be safer than ever doing it in Cardiff. If a local man was found to have robbed a foreigner he'd be locked up and forgotten about. They take their reputation very seriously at a very high level.

That said most locals are nice enough anyway.

Pretty much how it is here in China too. You can walk home alone, late at night/early hours and never have to look over your shoulder. In fact, you just don't see any fights here period! Starting any trouble with a foreigner would attract too much attention.