+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone betting West Ham?

Anyone betting West Ham?

Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5.

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured.

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Allsopp View Post
    Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5.

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured.

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

Agree with all of that. I just cant imagine anything other than us being 2 down after about 20 minutes tomorrow.

Off the pitch loads of free tickets available on twitter from people who just openly cant be bothered with another poor defeat so fancy a day watching rugby instead. Im sure eticketing says it will be full but i think lots of empty seats tomorrow.

If we do go 2 down there will be plenty more empty seats aswell......

You might be right BUT I don't know how you can be so sure. In your video you say that you don't get affected by emotion anymore and look at the facts. However, you didn't mention a single reason of how Cardiff can win this game which is hardly good analysis.

At home we've won 5 games and West Ham 4 away wins. On paper that sounds like a pretty close fixture. The recent results have been terrible but we did something similar last season and snapped out of it and got promoted. We started really well against Wolves and if we had got the first goal it would have been a different game as Wolves like to counter teams. We should have gone in level against Watford and while this doesn't completely account for the 2nd half performance it does give us a chance of getting something today.

Warnock has said this week for the first time that we have 9 cup finals remaining. I would expect something different from City, especially with Sol's absence. I don't know your Dad but Warnock is a fighter and a winner, which explains how he maintains such a workload at his age.

Another thing is that West Ham have drifted into a comfortable position and there just isn't much on the line for them. If you look at the last 3 games you would probably say West Ham are favourites but mentality is going to play a big part in this game. They might find a few players thinking about their summer holidays. We have to win this game and I would back us because I believe we will want it more.

In your video you were talking about betting thousands. Please tell me you didn't.

The thread, OP and his supporter are all looking particularly silly now. As are those who want NW out and those who say we cant play good football under him. Doubt if we will hear from the OP for a while.