+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jekyll and Hyde...

Jekyll and Hyde...

I don't understand this season...solid performance today that would have seen us comfortable had it been anywhere near a sustained effort.

Trouble is, it follows 3 dire performances that saw us drop back into big trouble. And that was after three very sound efforts that had seen us climb out of the drop zone.

Results didn't help today - just keeps us in touch.

Re: Jekyll and Hyde...

It’s not all that complicated.. Balance. Whenever Warwick set is up right, we get a result and play well. Then he go and change it.. Defence is given now, so he can’t **** that up next game!

We are frustratingly inconsistent. Making drastic changes to the team from game to game doesn't help much either.

I think it's because most of our players have to perform at the upper limit of their ability just to compete at this level. It's not possible for them to sustain that for more than a few matches.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I don't understand this season...solid performance today that would have seen us comfortable had it been anywhere near a sustained effort.

Trouble is, it follows 3 dire performances that saw us drop back into big trouble. And that was after three very sound efforts that had seen us climb out of the drop zone.

Results didn't help today - just keeps us in touch.
    Solid performance because we did the basics right most of the time.

Full backs concentrated on their job, not covering for needless errors by centre backs.

Wingers tracked back when they had to.

Central defence stayed put.

We took the game to them from the 1st minute - similar to the 1st ten minutes at Wolves last week, but then it all fell apart due to indiscipline.