+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Peltier

Lee Peltier

Got to be fair, not the most talented footballer, gets caught out now & again because of this but Christ what a workhorse. I know Arter, Camarasa, Gunnar et al were great today but Peltier put a hell of a shift in.

Re: Lee Peltier

What helped both full backs today was Murphy and Hoilett remembering to help out in defence.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Got to be fair, not the most talented footballer, gets caught out now & again because of this but Christ what a workhorse. I know Arter, Camarasa, Gunnar et al were great today but Peltier put a hell of a shift in.
    Spot on, mate. He's been one of our best players since the Arsenal away game, in my opinion. I was definitely one of his critics but he's proving me wrong at the moment... Long may it continue!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What helped both full backs today was Murphy and Hoilett remembering to help out in defence.
    I thought Murphy looked far more comfortable playing on the right hand side today, probably helped by not having to cut back onto his right most of the time.

I said in a previous post that Peltier is our only defender who understands and accepts his limitations and rarely does he step away from that. He's a better natural defender than Bennett, Morrison, bamba and Manga, when he gets done it's because he's not good enough, he doesn't create his own downfall like the other four. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I said in a previous post that Peltier is our only defender who understands and accepts his limitations and rarely does he step away from that. He's a better natural defender than Bennett, Morrison, bamba and Manga, when he gets done it's because he's not good enough, he doesn't create his own downfall like the other four. I like him.
    I was about to post that in recent weeks, Lee Peltier is the City defender I have most the most trust in when it comes to the basics of defensive play, but, after reading what you have to say, there doesn't seem much point now - you've said it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That is a really good post, proper football brain you have,

I think it was Man city home, he got skinned a few times by Sane and people behind me were abusing him, I was tamping, hate it when people criticise players for something that is beyond their ability if they have not necessarily made an error

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Mostly when he's pulled of position by wingers not tracking back or by central defenders not being disciplined.

Today was good for him because the wingers and central defenders were doing their jobs.

I don’t know what match it was but I was critical of his inclusion thinking he’d be torn asunder (it may have been Man City). But my apprehension with his inclusion was all about his lack of pace and not his defensive abilities. I must admit though he hasn’t let us down and is always willing to put his body on the line.