+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niasse

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I'd still have him in the team over Zahore any day of the week.
    He causes much more problems than Zohore (at this level).

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's similar to Zahore, in that neither of them are consistent, yet both can look unplayable at times. I don't know if the problem is physical or psychological, or if it could be remedied on the training pitch, but it's rare to see two players who can randomly look so good, or so bad in the same game. They must be a nightmare to play with, as you never know what is coming next.
    Forget Zahore, how do you think the defence coped without Bomba?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I like him. Works really hard and is a clever player at times.

However his finishing! Oh my word. For a striker (or any player) his finishing is awful. Strange thing is he does like he is going to score. Some players never look like scoring say in a 1 on 1 or when a cross comes in- but he seems to do everything right and then fluffs it at very last moment.

However i repeat i do really like him though! Ha.
    Yup I echo this sentiment. He makes some terrific runs and holds play up well. Yes his finishing needs a lot of work but he causes all sorts of mayhem which his team mates can benefit from.
    He's a trier

I'm still scratching my head how good and how bad he is at the same time. It's a paradox.

He can pass, turn a defender, but for some reason he can't do the basics

He doesn’t really need to wear boots, he beats defenders & gets away from them with the ball bouncing off his shins & knees, and he’s very good at it, he’s just f*cked when he’s in front of goal and has to use his feet. If he does score it will undoubtedly go in off his arse or thigh, certainly not his instep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Last 20 he looked knackered and I’m sure both he and Murphy would have come off for Zohore and maybe Reid had it not been for the injuries to Camerasa and Bennett
    I thought Niasse was out on his feet as well, but he wasn't alone. The whole team put an awful lot into that game safe in the knowledge that they had a long wait before they played. Maybe this was a reason why the game was so stop start at times - I'm not sure I've seen a match when the City physio was needed so much.

He ran himself into the ground yesterday and kept defenders occupied and generally frightened by his pace. Although all of his good work is done outside the box and he fluffs golden edge chances I still maintain that he is better than anyone else we have to occupy that role. In fact yesterday's team was in my opinion the strongest we could have put out and it's particularly nice to see all three loan players giving their all. Particular praise goes the defence who were magnificent and it was also great to see Murphy chasing back to defend the opposition's attacks- a role he has been lax at in the past.

One of his problems (which is a positive) he runs himself into the ground and I feel that effects his final effort .

I thought Zohore information last 15 yesterday would have nice .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's spelt Zahore mate