+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niasse

Niasse

I like him. Works really hard and is a clever player at times.

However his finishing! Oh my word. For a striker (or any player) his finishing is awful. Strange thing is he does like he is going to score. Some players never look like scoring say in a 1 on 1 or when a cross comes in- but he seems to do everything right and then fluffs it at very last moment.

However i repeat i do really like him though! Ha.

Re: Niasse

I'd still have him in the team over Zahore any day of the week.

And that's why he isn't at a top 10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Agreed. He's certainly our best striking option. If he could score a few as well it would be a bonus.

I think he baffles himself at times, as well as the defenders. It took a lot of effort working out how he was going to miss that open goal today.

He has the highest xG per 90 in the team at the moment. about 0.44.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He's similar to Zahore, in that neither of them are consistent, yet both can look unplayable at times. I don't know if the problem is physical or psychological, or if it could be remedied on the training pitch, but it's rare to see two players who can randomly look so good, or so bad in the same game. They must be a nightmare to play with, as you never know what is coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's similar to Zahore, in that neither of them are consistent, yet both can look unplayable at times. I don't know if the problem is physical or psychological, or if it could be remedied on the training pitch, but it's rare to see two players who can randomly look so good, or so bad in the same game. They must be a nightmare to play with, as you never know what is coming next.
    I agree there are definitely similarities - Niasse seems to have a bit more aggression and drive and maybe zohore is more skillful, both equally frustrating and both capable of hitting a purple patch where everything goes in, or not netting in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I agree there are definitely similarities - Niasse seems to have a bit more aggression and drive and maybe zohore is more skillful, both equally frustrating and both capable of hitting a purple patch where everything goes in, or not netting in weeks.

As mentioned above, they would be playing at a higher level if somebody could manage to iron out the kinks.

Callum Wilson is an example of a player who has made the most of their talents through hard work and application.

Personally I think the Zohore who came on against Southampton and Man U is a far better player.

However you don’t know if that guy is going to turn up.

Niasse had 5 decent chances today.

Really should have scored 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Personally I think the Zohore who came on against Southampton and Man U is a far better player.

It's spelt Zahore mate

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's spelt Zahore mate
    🤔

That miss was Eddie Johnson esque, shocking

I'd have Zohore in over Niasse, Niasse's touch and finishing is poor

��
    It is in this thread anyway

🤔
    I'm not from the Names Department, but I still have the authority to issue you with a stern warning!

He has the highest xG per 90 in the team at the moment. about 0.44.
    wtf does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    wtf does that mean?
    It means that he can't hit a barn door.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It means that he can't hit a barn door.
    I can understand that

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    wtf does that mean?
    It means that he's getting/making more chances to score than anyone else in the squad.
    He hasn't scored any yet, but if he kept up the same xG for a longer period you would expect the average premier league player to score about 16 goals over the course of a season from the chances he's getting.

A player in the top 10% of finishers you would expect to get 23 or 23 goals and the bottom 10% of finishers something like 11 or 12 over an entire season.

To put it simply, if he keeps getting chances the goals will eventually come.

Might help if he stayed on his feet instead of falling over at the slightest touch.

If he could somehow not need a first touch or a last touch, he'd be better than Ronaldo!

To put it simply, if he keeps getting chances the goals will eventually come.
    Statistically and based on the skill sets of others.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    If he could somehow not need a first touch or a last touch, he'd be better than Ronaldo!

I was only saying at the Academy game a few hours before yesterday's match that, in these days of single strikers, having a front man with a scoring record like someone like Mamady Sidibé when he was at Stoke was a thing of the past. Niasse could be a throwback though that works for us even if doesn't score a single goal between now and the end of the season, because his energy and willingness to chase lost causes drags opposing centrebacks all over the place and there are gaps for the likes of Camarasa, Hoilett and Murphy to exploit when things work as well as they did yesterday.

However, I remember that many Everton fans said that he did his best work for them when coming off the bench to run at tired opponents - maybe he'd be better for us as an impact sub?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I was only saying at the Academy game a few hours before yesterday's match that, in these days of single strikers, having a front man with a scoring record like someone like Mamady Sidibé when he was at Stoke was a thing of the past. Niasse could be a throwback though that works for us even if doesn't score a single goal between now and the end of the season, because his energy and willingness to chase lost causes drags opposing centrebacks all over the place and there are gaps for the likes of Camarasa, Hoilett and Murphy to exploit when things work as well as they did yesterday.

However, I remember that many Everton fans said that he did his best work for them when coming off the bench to run at tired opponents - maybe he'd be better for us as an impact sub?
    Last 20 he looked knackered and I’m sure both he and Murphy would have come off for Zohore and maybe Reid had it not been for the injuries to Camerasa and Bennett

Made some good runs and created a couple of half-chances for himself when he was 2nd-favourite. Stating the bleeding obvious he needs a goal.