+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Impressed by the Swans last night.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Impressed by the Swans last night.

Despite their off-field issues / threadbare squad, they played well against Norwich last night with James being a stand-out performer.

The game was very entertaining from a neutral's point of view.

Pity they had to lose to a wonder strike by Buendia.

Re: Impressed by the Swans last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Despite their off-field issues / threadbare squad, they played well against Norwich last night with James being a stand-out performer.

Pity they had to lose to a wonder strike by Buendia.
    Yes, great shame

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, great shame
    Come on, have some compassion. They would be willing us to win.

Come on, have some compassion. They would be willing us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Despite Southampton relegating them last season, they were very pleased to see them win today. Looks like the jacks will just avoid relegation this season....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Despite Southampton relegating them last season, they were very pleased to see them win today. Looks like the jacks will just avoid relegation this season....
    Too good to go down another level.

Stats being shown during game last night had them top for passes backwards and sideways, yet bottom for long passes into final third.

Routledge & Dyer put in good shifts despite apparently wanting moves away back in January.

Too good to go down another level.

Stats being shown during game last night had them top for passes backwards and sideways, yet bottom for long passes into final third.

Routledge & Dyer put in good shifts despite apparently wanting moves away back in January.
    I wonder how many of their best players will be sold in the summer? I can imagine some of their former PL players still being on top wages. Their crowds will go down next season, that's a certainty. Income will drop further. They'll be fine if they keep their main assets.

I wonder how many of their best players will be sold in the summer? I can imagine some of their former PL players still being on top wages. Their crowds will go down next season, that's a certainty. Income will drop further. They'll be fine if they keep their main assets.
    Did Neil enquire about Dan James pre-season?

If they're going to have a 'fire' sale then he'd be a good addition.

Great speed and composure.

Isn’t the trust about to try and take the yanks to court? The yanks have 27 hedge funders waiting for a return on their investment, about 60 million down still so everything and anything will be sold this summer.

Oh we're fùcked. Trevor Birch as Chairman means one thing only.

Jenkins and co truly shafted us. By fans, for fans...

Isn’t the trust about to try and take the yanks to court? The yanks have 27 hedge funders waiting for a return on their investment, about 60 million down still so everything and anything will be sold this summer.
    Correct. Ballot this month. I can wait to see Jenkins, Dineen and co in court

So Mr Dineen, you said you knew nothing of the shareholders agreement. Could you explain how you didn't know about it as you were the supporter director for the trust when it was written up? Could you also explain why your fellow shareholder Huw Jenkins asked the Trust to annul said SHA?

What they've done is far, far worse than anything Scam and the eYeS cRéMe crew did

I thought it was boring as feck. Tippy tappy football at its worst with no cutting edge.

There’s a few of their players I’d have here with dan James at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought it was boring as feck. Tippy tappy football at its worst with no cutting edge.

Keeping on losing possession of the ball is better?

I suppose hoofball and immediate turnover and extremely low possession stats are less boring.

Keeping on losing possession of the ball is better?

I suppose hoofball and immediate turnover and extremely low possession stats are less boring.
    What is better and more entertaining is scoring more goals than the opposition and winning games.

We finished 2nd and got promoted.

They are 14th.

So yeah if thats your definition of our style then yes.

Our side last year smashes them with probaby 30% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Correct. Ballot this month. I can wait to see Jenkins, Dineen and co in court

So Mr Dineen, you said you knew nothing of the shareholders agreement. Could you explain how you didn't know about it as you were the supporter director for the trust when it was written up? Could you also explain why your fellow shareholder Huw Jenkins asked the Trust to annul said SHA?

What they've done is far, far worse than anything Scam and the eYeS cRéMe crew did
    Worrying times for Swansea with Trevor birch called in looking at his record? What would be a positive outcome from the trust winning in court Wayne? If that’s possible? How. Could the trust regain control? Is that it? Sounds messy......

"The Swans"... hmmm. Do they refer to us on their forum as "The Bluebirds", I'd be surprised if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "The Swans"... hmmm. Do they refer to us on their forum as "The Bluebirds", I'd be surprised if they did?
    A few of them really have soft spots for us, particularly the one from pencoed.......

Worrying times for Swansea with Trevor birch called in looking at his record? What would be a positive outcome from the trust winning in court Wayne? If that’s possible? How. Could the trust regain control? Is that it? Sounds messy......
    A war chest or forced reclamation of the club ala Blackpool.

We reap what we sow; Jenkins playing real life Championship Manager has set the club back years. Yet some still want to suck him off and rim him. Sound fAmILiAr?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Prefer to show them some respect. Life's too short.

If fans on their forum refer to Cardiff or its fans in a disrespectful way then that's up to them.

Prefer to show them some respect. Life's too short.

If fans on their forum refer to Cardiff or its fans in a disrespectful way then that's up to them.
    It's a very affectionate description. Swansea or the Jacks but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Why are we even discussing them? Burnley or Southampton are way more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    My apologies ... it'll be the 'Jacks' from now on, although why isn't that 'affectionate'?