+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: try supporting the team

try supporting the team

Could i suggest that the fans who have turned on Neil and the players in recent weeks keep their opinions to themselves until the end of the season.We are in a dog fight and need all the help we can get and could do without the rumours that are circulating from fans and media people ie Nathan Blake and Danny Gabbidon who have no managerial credentials at all but are still earning money indirectly from the club.
    We all knew from the start how hard things were going to be. The fact we are still in the mix at this stage of the season is an achievement in itself.We can all pick holes and point fingers thats easy.Sticking by team the when they are struggling is when the fans do their bit so come on keep the faith and lets stick together. WE dont want any doom and gloom merchants.

Re: try supporting the team

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Could i suggest that the fans who have turned on Neil and the players in recent weeks keep their opinions to themselves until the end of the season.We are in a dog fight and need all the help we can get and could do without the rumours that are circulating from fans and media people ie Nathan Blake and Danny Gabbidon who have no managerial credentials at all but are still earning money indirectly from the club.
    We all knew from the start how hard things were going to be. The fact we are still in the mix at this stage of the season is an achievement in itself.We can all pick holes and point fingers thats easy.Sticking by team the when they are struggling is when the fans do their bit so come on keep the faith and lets stick together. WE dont want any doom and gloom merchants.
    Do you really think that a few fans discussing things that concern them about the team means they are not behind the team? If so, god help....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you really think that a few fans discussing things that concern them about the team means they are not behind the team? If so, god help....
    The answer to your question is yes. Its noticeable that the worst moaners are usually conspicuous by their absence on this board every time the team plays well and wins. They only really get to enjoy themselves when we lose. I wouldnt call it 'discussing' either in most cases - its verbal abuse of the manager and individual players.

People moaning on here has literally no effect on the team or the manager. The stadium has a great noise every weekend we play there regardless if we're battering West Ham or getting a lesson from Watford. That's what matters.

If you don't want "gloom and doom" merchants then don't come on here. Telling people they can't say negative things about the manager or team is ridiculous. We all support the same club mate at the end of the day, people are going to have different views on things

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The answer to your question is yes.
    So, whenever you talk about Cardiff City to your mates, none of them ever raise concerns when things don't go so well?

The answer to your question is yes. Its noticeable that the worst moaners are usually conspicuous by their absence on this board every time the team plays well and wins. They only really get to enjoy themselves when we lose. I wouldnt call it 'discussing' either in most cases - its verbal abuse of the manager and individual players.
    Treason still has the death sentence doesn't it?

Irrational

It's fine to have opinions but the issue I have is the absolute negativity of a few has become their cross to bear. It always seems that a player is either amazing or completely useless, there is no inbetween. "Such and such a player is absolutely shit and we'll lose because of him" is a frequent line they trot out. It never changes. Well today they were wrong.

Despite what many claimed the players definitely look galvanized and were fighting for the manager and eachother. Sol was in the stand despite being in agony all week. It's times like this that I'm thankful to Warnock for placing so much importance on the right personalities for our squad, rather than the types that Fulhams recruitment team brought in.

We might not be as ambitious (in navigating the rules) as Wolves but if we had any other manager in charge we might be bottom with 9 points and the laughing stock of the plastics.

....god?

So, whenever you talk about Cardiff City to your mates, none of them ever raise concerns when things don't go so well?
    As if he has mates. Anyone who disagrees with him he shoots verbal diarrhoea at them.

I don’t think people moaning on here is a problem. The atmosphere at the stadium has been consistently great, nothing wrong with discussing things and venting on here imo.

Its all right 'discussing' the teams and players performances and being constructively critical but what goes on on this board sometimes is nothing less than character assassination of the owner, manager and individual players. Anyone who thinks that is ok is not a real fan in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    People moaning on here has literally no effect on the team or the manager. The stadium has a great noise every weekend we play there regardless if we're battering West Ham or getting a lesson from Watford. That's what matters.

If you don't want "gloom and doom" merchants then don't come on here. Telling people they can't say negative things about the manager or team is ridiculous. We all support the same club mate at the end of the day, people are going to have different views on things
    So you actually think that the manager and players dont read or get to know about what is said on here and other forums ? I come on here to try to give some balance to all the negativity and I am entitled to be as positive as I like but obviously this is not a popular position with all the 'doom merchants' who would like nothing better than for me and the other positive posters on here to do a runner and leave them to wallow.

I’m not one for condoning the criticism and was on here defending Neil Warnock from some ridiculous comments about wanting him sacked earlier this week but he did seem to use the criticism from Blake and Gabbidon to re- galvanise theteam spirit again yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    As if he has mates. Anyone who disagrees with him he shoots verbal diarrhoea at them.
    Don't think I have ever sworn or been aggressive with anyone on here. I have had plenty come back the other way though. I have disagreements but how you think that is 'verbal diarrhoea is beyond me. You dish plenty out yourself by the way but obviously cant take it.

So you actually think that the manager and players dont read or get to know about what is said on here and other forums ? I come on here to try to give some balance to all the negativity and I am entitled to be as positive as I like but obviously this is not a popular position with all the 'doom merchants' who would like nothing better than for me and the other positive posters on here to do a runner and leave them to wallow.
    No

I don't want anyone to leave this forum unless they break the rules, last time I checked being ridiculously positive about the club isn't bannable.

There's a level between positivity and delusion. Some people can't handle the fact other people here are going to criticise Warnock, the players, the club but still love Cardiff, that's what does my head in. Like what you've said earlier on in this thread, people are happy when we lose, give over

Can you really imagine Neil, of all people, giving any kind of shit about what is said on here?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can you really imagine Neil, of all people, giving any kind of shit about what is said on here?
    The man has had abuse all his managerial career and somehow Dave from Merthyr saying he should be sacked on a forum is going to bother him. Words fail me

Who in their right mind can complain about support? The support this year has been outstanding! Loads of stuff being critical of, and loads of stuff to be proud of. Support being one of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Who in their right mind can complain about support? The support this year has been outstanding! Loads of stuff being critical of, and loads of stuff to be proud of. Support being one of them..
    Bang on. The fans have been great home and away. This forum has a small userbase, a few people (like 10 at most) moaning about a crap performance means nothing.

Yesterday was a fantastic display and every player did their bit. But being forced to pretend that a team that sits in 18th place are brilliant and that the manager is a ****ing genius is just ridiculous. We all want City to stay up, we all want to win. Why can't I complain when we play poorly and lose? We're all adults right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    The support in the ground is excellent. I believe that the vast majority of fans are fully behind the manager and team. Unfortunately, in common with a number of other clubs I am sure, there are a vociferous minority who think they know everything, better than the manager/players and have nothing better to do than criticise everything that goes on. Oh yes - and Neil Warnock said in his tv interviews on Friday and yesterday after the game, that he does read and take note of social media comment.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yesterday was a fantastic display and every player did their bit. But being forced to pretend that a team that sits in 18th place are brilliant and that the manager is a ****ing genius is just ridiculous. We all want City to stay up, we all want to win. Why can't I complain when we play poorly and lose? We're all adults right?
    True. But perhaps the claims that we’re definitely going down a few weeks into the season and that we would be better off in Fulham’s position were also a bit OTT in retrospect?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Who is forcing you to do anything ? Where did you expect us to finish in the table. The manager is a genius, just for getting a team of mainly Championship players into the Premier League in the first place and putting up a good fight to keep us in there.

The support in the ground is excellent. I believe that the vast majority of fans are fully behind the manager and team. Unfortunately, in common with a number of other clubs I am sure, there are a vociferous minority who think they know everything, better than the manager/players and have nothing better to do than criticise everything that goes on. Oh yes - and Neil Warnock said in his tv interviews on Friday and yesterday after the game, that he does read and take note of social media comment.
    Unfortunately? If you read boards across all premiere league clubs you see the same. Some totally unrealistic expectations and a lot of ”average joes” having an opinion. I'm one of the critical ones, as I want a different structure at the club. Dosent change the fact that once the whistle blow I want a win. The minute I saw the team sheet yesterday I was optimistic. It hasn't been this way for a few weeks, which mean I believe Warnock got it wrong.
    But I'm glad we agree on support, because it's been excellent 👍