+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At the start of the match

At the start of the match

Whilst hoping for a win I would have settled for a performance that at least restored some credibility to the view that the team and fans are triers if nothing else. I was looking for guts, to see the players showing determination and a word not used very often “spunk”.
    We got all of that and good football and goals and 3 points.
    Our defenders defended made easier for them by a midfield that defended and atracked and Niasse made the best of his limitations.
    During the last few matches most of the players have been rightly slaughtered for their inept personal performances.
    Yesterday they all deserved merit.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: At the start of the match

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Whilst hoping for a win I would have settled for a performance that at least restored some credibility to the view that the team and fans are triers if nothing else. I was looking for guts, to see the players showing determination and a word not used very often “spunk”.
    We got all of that and good football and goals and 3 points.
    Our defenders defended made easier for them by a midfield that defended and atracked and Niasse made the best of his limitations.
    During the last few matches most of the players have been rightly slaughtered for their inept personal performances.
    Yesterday they all deserved merit.
    Hopefully City can be on the front foot from the off in the remaining matches.

Many have said that West Ham did not turn up yesterday.

I'd like to think they were shocked by City's high pressing game and controlled possession.

If City can retain the same starting line up and tactics then thes like of Burnley, Brighton, Fulham and Palace are beatable.

Re: At the start of the match

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Hopefully City can be on the front foot from the off in the remaining matches.

Many have said that West Ham did not turn up yesterday.

I'd like to think they were shocked by City's high pressing game and controlled possession.

If City can retain the same starting line up and tactics then thes like of Burnley, Brighton, Fulham and Palace are beatable.
    Agreed