(0) Man City
    (3) Burnley
    (0) Liverpool
    (3) Fulham
    (3) Palace
    (0) Man Utd
    (3) Brighton

40 points enough?
    Huge ask to win at Burnley, Fulham and Brighton. I think we need something v Chelsea

Re: 12 more points ... enough?

It is a huge ask, but it’s what we are going to need in order to stay up unless Burnley or Southampton implode.

Trying not to sound negative but i think 12 points from that list will be extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    (0) Chelsea - i think we might get our season win against a top side here
    (0) Man City - written off
    (3) Burnley - 50/50
    (0) Liverpool - written off
    (3) Fulham - 50/50
    (3) Palace - 50/50
    (0) Man Utd - written off
    (3) Brighton - 50/50

40 points enough?
    my thoughts above... assuming we win half the 50/50s and beat chelsea then that gives us 9 points.

I think 40 points would be enough, but we won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think 40 points would be enough, but we won't get it.
    We’ve won 8/30 I can’t see us winning 4/8 where 3 of those wins would likely need to come from away games

I have us getting 34 tops

Copying from another thread, but my prediction is 5 points (I hope I'm wrong!):

Chelsea (H) - 0
    Man City (A) - 0
    Burnley (A) - 0
    Liverpool (H) - 0
    Fulham (A) - 1
    Palace (H) - 3
    Man Utd (A) - 0
    Brighton (A) - 1

We really need an unexpected point or two against the top 6 clubs, then an away win against Burnley/Fulham/Brighton (to get 9 or 10 points)... we shall see.

I said we'd get 11 pre-West Ham so that'll leave us on 36 points. If one of the ones is against Burnley that'l be enough to stay up imo

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    Copying from another thread, but my prediction is 5 points (I hope I'm wrong!):

Chelsea (H) - 0
    Man City (A) - 0
    Burnley (A) - 0
    Liverpool (H) - 0
    Fulham (A) - 1
    Palace (H) - 3
    Man Utd (A) - 0
    Brighton (A) - 1

We really need an unexpected point or two against the top 6 clubs, then an away win against Burnley/Fulham/Brighton (to get 9 or 10 points)... we shall see.
    Palace at home worries me. They've been much better away from home where they can hit teams on the break with their pace. They've won 7 more points on the road than at Selhurst park and have the 6th best away record in the PL

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    (0) Chelsea
    (0) Man City
    (3) Burnley
    (0) Liverpool
    (3) Fulham
    (3) Palace
    (0) Man Utd
    (3) Brighton

40 points enough?
    Key games v Burnely and bha will be the ones that decide our fate

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Palace at home worries me. They've been much better away from home where they can hit teams on the break with their pace. They've won 7 more points on the road than at Selhurst park and have the 6th best away record in the PL
    And we're going to need to win by that stage. We've left it too late, those 3 defeats on the spin have sent us down but at least we can fight. We've just got to hope someone else (ie Burnley) collapses. Burnley could conceivably lose every game, and certainly their last 4 so we've got a shout. We absolutely have to beat them.

Next games -
    Brighton v Southampton ( hope Brighton win )
    Wolves v Burnley ( must be a wolves win )

If Southampton and burnley win and we get mullered by chelski then it psychologically it looks all over

We HAVE to go into the Burnley game with a chance of overtaking them

Id take 38 now if offered.

Burnley are home to Leicester and Wolves before we play next. I suspect they’ll be out of our reach by the time we kick off against Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Burnley are home to Leicester and Wolves before we play next. I suspect they’ll be out of our reach by the time we kick off against Chelsea
    Could well be the case, Leicester's talented kids might not be up for a scrap up in Burnley

You think Burnley will beat Wolves and Leicester? They've lost three straight.

To be fair it would be seriously impressive if they manage to pull out back to back wins over Leicester & Wolves at this stage of the season and after losing three in a row

No contest were staying up its in the stars

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Trying not to sound negative but i think 12 points from that list will be extremely unlikely.
    I agree. Far more unlikely results have happened in the Prem though, look at last Southampton last Saturday for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You think Burnley will beat Wolves and Leicester? They've lost three straight.
    We just lost 3 on the bounce, looking terrible. Then we suddenly looked great and made 9th place West Ham look like league 1. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We just lost 3 on the bounce, looking terrible. Then we suddenly looked great and made 9th place West Ham look like league 1. Go figure
    To say it is an absolute given that Burnley will be uncatchable is a stretch.

Burnley are on 30, ignoring our game, I can see them getting a maximum of 6 points from their other 7 games, therefore our game against them is absolutely critical & a must win. 1 win, 3 draws plus the City result

Leicester H
    Wolves H
    Bournemouth A
    Cardiff H
    Chelsea A
    Man City H
    Everton A
    Arsenal H

Next game is against Chelsea which is harder than it would have been playing the Chelsea team of a couple of weeks ago but we have to believe in ourselves at home.