+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we go down.

Re: If we go down.

We need to spend big on the midfield regardless of what division we're in next season

As it stands all we'll have is Ralls and Bacuna, I like Joe but he can't do it on his own

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Oh, I'm sure he does rate Bennett the better of the two. Nevertheless, he felt the need to drop him on more than one occasion. In fact, I don't think it says much for Greg Cunnigham.
    Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think it's the reputation that's key. As a parent you want to give your kid the biggest opportunity if he's in the system. Unfortunately Cardiff are hardly renowned for bringing through players in the last 10 years.

I think it's disgusting that there's no pathway for a club the size of ours when you consider teams not only like Leicester, Southampton and West Ham who bring kids through but even top clubs who have pressure to win things or finish top 4 like Liverpool, United and Spurs have far better records than us.
    I agree with reputation. Other clubs travel around Europe creating network and getting to know both parents and kids. Like I've said earlier, my 10 year old have been training with coaches from Sporting all winter. If he makes it or not is not important, but the club is connecting. They are scouting in the process. They have a great youth set up at the club, with quality coaches. And kids come through and play for the first team. There is no reason we couldn't do the same over time. And we really should look to have two or three young lads within the first team. Even if we didn't develop them ourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    I agree with reputation. Other clubs travel around Europe creating network and getting to know both parents and kids. Like I've said earlier, my 10 year old have been training with coaches from Sporting all winter. If he makes it or not is not important, but the club is connecting. They are scouting in the process. They have a great youth set up at the club, with quality coaches. And kids come through and play for the first team. There is no reason we couldn't do the same over time. And we really should look to have two or three young lads within the first team. Even if we didn't develop them ourself.
    Hell, even Stoke is doing it 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.
    Agreed again, he's grown into this league ,as has Pelts recently.

Unless we sell players then we will have most of the squad that took us up, plus a few decent additions.

We will need 2 midfielders ( one of Gunnar or Artur - both unlikely- stay), a right back and maybe a striker dependant in what happens to our loanees.

Centre half if Manga goes and a right back as Richards is likely to leave and is always injured anyway.

We will still have
    2 good keepers
    2 good left backs
    2 good centre halfs
    Peltier at right back
    Connolly and Patterson to cover lots of positions
    Hoillet, NML, Murphy and maybe Harris our wide ( Harris may leave)

Ralls and Bacuna ( I guess Damour, Artur, Camerasa and Gunnar will go)
    In centre mid. Tomlin maybe too ?

Strikers ..

Who knows .. there is Reid, Zohore, Ward, Bogle,Healey, Madine ... how many will still be here is another thing.

Maybe 1 or 2 through from the youth..

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Unless we sell players then we will have most of the squad that took us up, plus a few decent additions.

We will need 2 midfielders ( one of Gunnar or Artur - both unlikely- stay), a right back and maybe a striker dependant in what happens to our loanees.

Centre half if Manga goes and a right back as Richards is likely to leave and is always injured anyway.

We will still have
    2 good keepers
    2 good left backs
    2 good centre halfs
    Peltier at right back
    Connolly and Patterson to cover lots of positions
    Hoillet, NML, Murphy and maybe Harris our wide ( Harris may leave)

Ralls and Bacuna ( I guess Damour, Artur, Camerasa and Gunnar will go)
    In centre mid. Tomlin maybe too ?

Strikers ..

Who knows .. there is Reid, Zohore, Ward, Bogle,Healey, Madine ... how many will still be here is another thing.

Maybe 1 or 2 through from the youth..
    There's also the impact of relegation which so many teams fail to shrug off. It's fine looking at players on an individual basis, but there's much more to it than that.