+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jack Grealish punched by Birmingham fan

Re: Jack Grealish punched by Birmingham fan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The pitch invasion at Arsenal yesterday would never have taken place without what happened a few hours earlier at St. Andrews and so I think it's reasonable to assume that the next week will see copycat incidents somewhere along the line. Whatever the answer to the problem is, I hope anyone old enough to remember the events of April 1989 at Hillsborough realises that it isn't fences - I'd prefer to see ten foot wide moats around every pitch, but I realise that wouldn't be practical at some grounds.
    Why do you think the incident at Arsenal was a copycat? A) I remember Chopra scoring a winner against the jacks and there was one fan on the pitch joining in the celebration and B) there was sufficient negative press that the person surely would have thought again.

If jail time and significantly fewer life chances afterwards doesn't put an individual off (because that's what this person is facing) then I think you're looking at wider problems in society. That won't be sorted by moats or fences.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    14 weeks imprisonment, £350 in fines and costs, 10 year Football Banning Order and £100 compo to Grealish. I wonder how many in the crowd who were cheering him will help him pay his fines/ costs/ compo.
    The £350 includes the £100 compo.
    And BCFC have banned him for life.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The £350 includes the £100 compo.
    And BCFC have banned him for life.
    A more harsh punishment would be to re-instate his season ticket and make him watch Birmingham every week - they are shite

Whats to stop him sneaking in a year from now to watch games when everybody has forgotten about it - that idiot from Leeds who attacked Kirkland a few years ago brags on social media he regularly watches them after his ban

Footballers and moats don't mix though - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47508257

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    A more harsh punishment would be to re-instate his season ticket and make him watch Birmingham every week - they are shite

Whats to stop him sneaking in a year from now to watch games when everybody has forgotten about it - that idiot from Leeds who attacked Kirkland a few years ago brags on social media he regularly watches them after his ban
    I think he has to report to a police station in Birmingham every time they play at home. The Leeds lad had his ban lifted apparently

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Calm down mun, you could clearly see he wasn’t hurt ffs
    Don't upset the laughter police.

Anyone else find it weird how we had 3 instances in one weekend when we've had nothing in years? I can't help think fake news. Shouldn't think this way but I trust nothing nowadays. We live in a twisted world.

Why should Birmingham be punished? The answer is very simple. If a bonehead runs on the pitch, it should be an instant 2yr in clink, and a lifetime ban from every football ground in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Anyone else find it weird how we had 3 instances in one weekend when we've had nothing in years? I can't help think fake news. Shouldn't think this way but I trust nothing nowadays. We live in a twisted world.
    Fake news? Are you being serious?

What does 'fake news' mean to you? As I'm not sure it's the same as everyone else.

Haha I wasn't suggesting it didn't happen. Just find it interesting 3 incidents in the same weekend after none in years. Wouldn't be surprised if these were planted.

Haha I wasn't suggesting it didn't happen. Just find it interesting 3 incidents in the same weekend after none in years. Wouldn't be surprised if these were planted.
    Why on earth would anyone do that? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What does 'fake news' mean to you? As I'm not sure it's the same as everyone else.
    I think that he's suggesting that some kind of conspiracy could be underway.
    I must admit it did cross my mind, without any kind of notion as to why it's happening now all of a sudden.
    Is it just that a few simpletons are copying each other as they have nothing better to do or to lose?

..or is there more to it than meets the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think that he's suggesting that some kind of conspiracy could be underway.
    I must admit it did cross my mind, without any kind of notion as to why it's happening now all of a sudden.
    Is it just that a few simpletons are copying each other as they have nothing better to do or to lose?

..or is there more to it than meets the eye?
    Copycats is far more likely.

Copycats more than likely, that’s why Americans sports don’t show pitch invaders, they cut away and refuse to mention it or give the person screen time.

Copycats is the most likely reason but I wouldn't be surprised if there are darker forces at work. Don't ask me what. I wouldn't know.

Copycats is the most likely reason but I wouldn't be surprised if there are darker forces at work. Don't ask me what. I wouldn't know.
    Darth Vader?

Exactly. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that they were plants by Sky TV to get all games played behind closed doors so that they will further increase their revenue as arm chair football will be the only football available to anyone.

Russian state sponsored pitch invasions?