+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish punched by Birmingham fan

Heisenberg

Re: Jack Grealish punched by Birmingham fan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16296118

From Wiki:

December 21 – In the 36th minute of a fourth round match in the 2011–12 KNVB Cup between Eredivisie clubs Ajax and AZ at Amsterdam Arena, Ajax held a 1–0 lead when a fan ran onto the pitch and launched a karate kick from behind at AZ goalkeeper Esteban Alvarado, who responded by kicking the fan several times before security arrived and arrested the fan. When Alvarado was sent off for retaliating against his attacker, AZ walked off the pitch, and the match was abandoned.

The KNVB rescinded the red card and ordered the match replayed in its entirety behind closed doors on January 19, 2012; Ajax was also fined €10,000 for failing to prevent the fan (who was supposed to be serving a three-year stadium ban) from entering the pitch, and given a suspended one-match spectator ban (not including the replay). Ajax accepted the penalties, and announced that it had given the fan an additional 30-year stadium ban and a lifetime ban from the club and its season ticket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Has he ever been booked for simulation?
    Sent off at least once for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    One of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I know posting someone's address isn't really the right thing to do but hopefully it will stop people hiding behind social media accounts and feeling untouchable as you can be found out.
    I get you, but I don't agree with people going round to his house to "have a word" as a result of his address being leaked. Twitter and social media is bad enough as it is without vigilante action.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I get you, but I don't agree with people going round to his house to "have a word" as a result of his address being leaked. Twitter and social media is bad enough as it is without vigilante action.
    I agree he should be tried by the law like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree he should be tried by the law like everyone else.
    I hope you're talking about the guy who hit Grealish and not the lad on twitter

This will show the inconsistancy of sentencing in the judicial system. People who commit common assault rarely go to court these days, and those that do rarely get a custodial sentence. But, becasue this is football, expect him to get the maximum 6 months imprisonment and the maximum 10 year Football banning Order.

The pitch invasion at Arsenal yesterday would never have taken place without what happened a few hours earlier at St. Andrews and so I think it's reasonable to assume that the next week will see copycat incidents somewhere along the line. Whatever the answer to the problem is, I hope anyone old enough to remember the events of April 1989 at Hillsborough realises that it isn't fences - I'd prefer to see ten foot wide moats around every pitch, but I realise that wouldn't be practical at some grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I hope you're talking about the guy who hit Grealish and not the lad on twitter
    I am but why do you hope that?

I am but why do you hope that?
    I thought you were on about the idiot on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Leeds fan got 16 weeks for hitting Sheffield Wednesday keeper Kirkland.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ey-jailed.html
    But Leeds didn't get any major sanction - no points deduction or the other penalties some are calling for on social media.

Birmingham may be more vulnerable because of repeat offenses and their stewards' behaviour, but there has to be some consistency and transparency in deciding punishments.

The idiot who assaulted Grealish will surely get major prison time and a lifetime stadium ban.

I think an example will be made of him in the courts, especially as it was quite a serious punch. It turned out not to be too bad but he was running at full speed, full swing and with Grealish not expecting it, it could've been a lot, lot worse.

I don't think Birmingham should be docked any points or made to play behind closed doors though. It was one idiot, that obviously isn't a supporter. No supporter in their right mind would do it knowing they won't be able to watch their side ever again. He could've supported any club so it's unfair to punish the majority of Birmingham fans.

I imagine Birmingham will get a sort of suspended punishment, another incident like this and they’ll have to play behind closed doors or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    But Leeds didn't get any major sanction - no points deduction or the other penalties some are calling for on social media.

Birmingham may be more vulnerable because of repeat offenses and their stewards' behaviour, but there has to be some consistency and transparency in deciding punishments.

The idiot who assaulted Grealish will surely get major prison time and a lifetime stadium ban.
    Maximum sentence for Common Assault is 6 months. Maximum sentence for Encroachment of a Football pitch is a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    White knights..

Always looking for the next opportunity to be the centre of attention
    So says the paragon of virtue and balanced comment on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It was tongue in cheek, I knew he wasn’t hurt
    Trouble is it wasnt funny. The fact that he wasnt seriously injured is irrelevant. If you were walking along Cardiff High Street and someone ran up behind you without warning and punched you, would you think it was funny then ? Would you think it was funny if we all made a 'light joke' or 'tongue in cheek' comment about it ? No, I dont think so. Grealish didnt expect it and could easily have had his jaw broken and people like you just making light of it is just an example of the problems in society nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Trouble is it wasnt funny. The fact that he wasnt seriously injured is irrelevant. If you were walking along Cardiff High Street and someone ran up behind you without warning and punched you, would you think it was funny then ? Would you think it was funny if we all made a 'light joke' or 'tongue in cheek' comment about it ? No, I dont think so. Grealish didnt expect it and could easily have had his jaw broken and people like you just making light of it is just an example of the problems in society nowadays.
    Calm down mun, you could clearly see he wasn’t hurt ffs

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-jack-14118365

Mr Whistance, defending, confirmed Mitchell has been a season ticket holder at St Andrew's for 20 years and has apologised to Grealish.

“It has brought shame upon his family and the club he has supported as a child," Whistance said. "A season ticket for over 20 years.

“He has apologised to Aston Villa and of course to Jack Grealish.” Oh, that's okay then, he's apologised

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-jack-14118365

Mr Whistance, defending, confirmed Mitchell has been a season ticket holder at St Andrew's for 20 years and has apologised to Grealish.

“It has brought shame upon his family and the club he has supported as a child," Whistance said. "A season ticket for over 20 years.

“He has apologised to Aston Villa and of course to Jack Grealish.” Oh, that's okay then, he's apologised
    I wonder what his thought process was before he ran on the pitch. Having been a season ticket holder for 20 years, he must have known what the consequences would be.

Coked up dickheads probably don’t do much thinking.

Coked up dickheads probably don’t do much thinking.
    That was my thinking.

I reckon as well as the extra “societal” problems causing stuff like this at the moment the increased use of coke at the match definitely stirs shite like this up.

14 weeks imprisonment, £350 in fines and costs, 10 year Football Banning Order and £100 compo to Grealish. I wonder how many in the crowd who were cheering him will help him pay his fines/ costs/ compo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    14 weeks imprisonment, £350 in fines and costs, 10 year Football Banning Order and £100 compo to Grealish. I wonder how many in the crowd who were cheering him will help him pay his fines/ costs/ compo.
    The sentence I understand. I don't understand the fine or the compensation. Is that actually payable to Grealish? Grealish is, I assume, a wealthy young man and so not really in need of the cash but how is £100 a sensible number here? If someone tried to sucker punch me while I was doing my job, I would want them to pay me significantly more than £100. I know we don't really do punitive damages in the UK and clearly Grealish was (fortunately) not badly hurt but that is a matter of chance, so either it should be nothing, or a number sufficiently large to hurt/bankrupt the mug. Makes no real sense, unless the point here is that there is no real damage and so no significant restitution needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    The sentence I understand. I don't understand the fine or the compensation. Is that actually payable to Grealish? Grealish is, I assume, a wealthy young man and so not really in need of the cash but how is £100 a sensible number here? If someone tried to sucker punch me while I was doing my job, I would want them to pay me significantly more than £100. I know we don't really do punitive damages in the UK and clearly Grealish was (fortunately) not badly hurt but that is a matter of chance, so either it should be nothing, or a number sufficiently large to hurt/bankrupt the mug. Makes no real sense, unless the point here is that there is no real damage and so no significant restitution needed.
    There's a scale depending on the physical/ psychological damage. It was a minor assault, probably caused a bit of reddening to his face and he got up and score the winning goal, so no real psychological damage. The £100 would be paid to Grealish, but in my experience, compensation from the aggressor to the injured party very rarely gets paid. All the money has to be paid to the court, and they take the fines and costs first. The assailant is likely to have lost his job, so will probably have time to pay, depending on his income and outgoings (rent/ child maintenance etc) , by the time the fine is paid, the compo will have been forgotten by Grealish and will disappear into the ether.