Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    normally I wouldn’t condone that behaviour but that was brilliant
    Are you serious?

Re: Jack Grealish punched by Birmingham fan

Jesus Christ guys take a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Jesus Christ guys take a day off.
    Tend to agree with you. He wasn't hurt it was just a joke.

He's not condoning it just having a bit of a chuckle.

People getting the knickers twisted over a light joke

Shocking from the Brum fan, what is the point in doing that. He's going to get prison time and a ban for life, complete tool

He's just got his revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    What a ridiculous comment. That was assault and it was bloody disgusting. Would you have preferred he had stabbed him?
    How did you escalate that to stabbing?

He was clearly saying it in a tongue in cheek way.

Just a quick note, regarding the final few sentences from this tweet from Jake Humphrey:

He needs banning from every ground, for life, publicly named & shamed, and then prosecuted for assault. Disgraceful.
    The media tried to boil the incident with Kepa at Chelsea into something where he never played for Chelsea again but Kepa had official support behind the scenes and the club managed it well, this gentleman will be unlikely to have such emotional support behind the scenes and if the media try to boil up a response to this it could lead somewhere tragic. It's not a "talking point", it's an assault and should be dealt with as such.

He could have easily had a knife.

I would love to have grelish at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Just a quick note, regarding the final few sentences from this tweet from Jake Humphrey:

The media tried to boil the incident with Kepa at Chelsea into something where he never played for Chelsea again but Kepa had official support behind the scenes and the club managed it well, this gentleman will be unlikely to have such emotional support behind the scenes and if the media try to boil up a response to this it could lead somewhere tragic. It's not a "talking point", it's an assault and should be dealt with as such.
    Nothing like a good old witch hunt. Jake Humphreys should be ashamed

Humphrey’s is always an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    How did you escalate that to stabbing?

He was clearly saying it in a tongue in cheek way.
    Because what if he’d had a knife? It’s not a laughing matter and it’s well documented that people have actually been killed by one cowardly punch thrown from behind. Take a look at this and then have a quick google and you will see this has happened on loads of occasions.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/wo...-36792862.html

Calm down everyone he hardly touched him

Because what if he’d had a knife? It’s not a laughing matter and it’s well documented that people have actually been killed by one cowardly punch thrown from behind. Take a look at this and then have a quick google and you will see this has happened on loads of occasions.

https://twitter.com/awaydaysleepers/...017991170?s=21

He's certainly no young person.

I hoped this would be a silly child when i heard about it but no. They need to set an example of Birmingham here. I know not much they could have done but many of their fans were cheering this guy. Punishment needs to reflect that. Punishment needs to be so severe anywhere else this happens their own fans will.turn on the idiot not cheer them off.

Definitely a ground closure or points deduction for me.

Robbie Earle on the broadcast over here made the point that the punishment needs to be ‘shocking’ so that nobody else thinks this is a good idea. Copycat stuff of that nature could be disastrous in a plethora of ways

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Robbie Earle on the broadcast over here made the point that the punishment needs to be ‘shocking’ so that nobody else thinks this is a good idea. Copycat stuff of that nature could be disastrous in a plethora of ways
    There was an incident in the Hibbs v Rangers game on Friday.

Just looked at:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ton-villa-game

Grealish takes a whack at the side/back of the head from a twenty-something bloke totally unexpectedly and far from 'over reacting' I'd suggest he did the complete opposite.

Always had a grudging admiration for him - takes knocks consistently throughout most games, and has stuck with his hometown club..

Grealish scores!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are you serious?
    It was tongue in cheek, I knew he wasn’t hurt

Shocking but ground closure or points deduction.
    Short memories,A certain ref could have been killed or lost his eyesight if the coin had landed elsewhere on his head

The talk thus far, on BBC, has not blamed the stewards too much but if he had had a knife then surely this would draw focus to searches that happen pre-match. Hopefully clubs around the country do a bit more to find any prohibited items - how often do we now see flares being brought in? - but this will also need fans to arrive earlier at games too.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Yes. The punishment should be so severe for the club that never mind banning him- he should be so unwelcome by his own fans if he ever goes to a Birmingham game again. Certainly not applauded as a hero as many of them were.

What the **** is the matter with people?

I've always liked our derbies being Lively but to yourself to this is disgusting

https://twitter.com/alfieperkins_/st...208541184?s=19

Someone just posted his address on Twitter. He's had it, the spotty little twat

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    What the **** is the matter with people?

I've always liked our derbies being Lively but to yourself to this is disgusting

https://twitter.com/alfieperkins_/st...208541184?s=19
    That’s ****ing disgusting

That is disgusting. I’m no fan of Grealish the footballer, but how could anyone think that’s a reasonable thing to put on Twitter? I had no idea Grealish has had to deal with such tragedy in his life, knowing that now he goes up in my estimation as a person for still being able to build a career in such an unforgiving business.
    Last edited by Toggs; 10-03-19 at 15:43. Reason: Spelling