+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore & Niasse

Zohore & Niasse

4-4-2 or 3-5-2

Could it work or do we need that extra man in midfield?

Re: Zohore & Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    4-4-2 or 3-5-2

Could it work or do we need that extra man in midfield?
    Yesterday was so right, I'm not sure what you'd call it, 4-1-4-1 probably the closest but it was actually 4-1-2-2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Yesterday was so right, I'm not sure what you'd call it, 4-1-4-1 probably the closest but it was actually 4-1-2-2-1
    With the lower level teams would love to see these two work together. Both pressing the back line both, getting behind the last defenders. If they could work together might negate the need for Arter - however he was brilliant yesterday.

Yesterday's lineup is better

Midfield has been our Achilles for years. Yesterday it was perfect. Goes to show we got options on top, but our midfield I key for balance. My humble opinion of course.

4-1-1-1-1-1-1 great spine of a team

thought it was last season formation of 4.3.3.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    thought it was last season formation of 4.3.3.
    I thought it was 4-2-3-1... We're probably all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought it was 4-2-3-1... We're probably all wrong
    I thought the same, with arter and gunnar in the 2 and Camarasa closer to Niasse.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought the same, with arter and gunnar in the 2 and Camarasa closer to Niasse.
    4-2-3-1 is very similar to 4-3-3, basically a variation of it. Back 4, 3 midfielders, 2 wingers, 1 striker

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    4-2-3-1 is very similar to 4-3-3, basically a variation of it. Back 4, 3 midfielders, 2 wingers, 1 striker
    To be fair, at times during the game, we're all correct. With the ball and without the ball, we were set up in different formations.

It's nice for a change to be able to have an idea of the formation we've gone with, as the previous recent games have been a f**king mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought that Gunnar played deeper, Camarasa played further forward and Arter played from box to box.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    To be fair, at times during the game, we're all correct. With the ball and without the ball, we were set up in different formations.

It's nice for a change to be able to have an idea of the formation we've gone with, as the previous recent games have been a f**king mystery
    Never heard anything so stupid in my life! Our last few games were quite obviously 2-3-1, without both fullbacks and wingers in each game

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Never heard anything so stupid in my life! Our last few games were quite obviously 2-3-1, without both fullbacks and wingers in each game
    Ouch!

If our wingers were able to maintain Saturday's standards then I'd be happy with Saturday's line up, but they haven't done all season and I'm afraid an "average" performance by Hoilett, Murphy and Mendez-Laing has been five or six out of ten (often lower as well) as opposed to the seven or eight we saw on Saturday - for much of the time, playing with two wingers just hasn't worked and we've ended up short of bodies through the middle.

Given our dominance over WH, I think we went 4-5-2 and nobody counted