+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hobbies other than football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hobbies other than football

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean with BSAC - though I have met many who are great guys and don’t give a shit about the politics.
    I spent 15 years teaching (PADI) and was a member of a club but again can’t be arsed with the politics and shit. I’m just independent now, I don’t teach anymore and go diving with whoever, whenever, and wherever I want to. Being more experienced - nearly 30 years diving - I’m happy to do what I want but can understand why newly qualified divers gravitate towards clubs; the problem you often see with clubs, and not just dive clubs, is they often get dominated by big personalities, and macho personalities, which often don’t work well with new divers.
    , its a shame it put me of the UK dive scene, maybe i should have thought " sod it, lets just crack on with diving and ignore the politics " hindsight and all that

Re: Hobbies other than football

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    , its a shame it put me of the UK dive scene, maybe i should have thought " sod it, lets just crack on with diving and ignore the politics " hindsight and all that
    It is a massive shame. I used to love opening up the world of UK diving to people who had learned abroad, yes it's different, and yes it can be challenging, but a diver is a diver and they will have experienced things that I haven't. To be fair it can take some getting used to, but you help people to adapt, you don't make them feel like they're not worthy.