+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hobbies other than football

Re: Hobbies other than football

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Why do you think?
    Plastic

Take up a playing a musical instrument. Really satisfying.

Diving, astronomy or flying are about sitting down ( or floating ) and watching stuff happen. More or less a similar discipline to football.

Get your brain or hands working. Coordination type hobbies are really satisfying. Make new cerebral connections.

Learn a language maybe. Pottery is cool.

Meditation is probably fun.

Climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Allotment has its rewards
    All of that sweet allotment pussy right?

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Are you doing it in Cardiff?

Irrespective of where you're doing, or who you're doing it with it don't rush through the courses, or rush to get down deep. Take your time, build up your experience, do it at your pace not theirs. And if you're not sure of anything then ask.
    Cardiff yeah, done the theory and pool and the weekend it's the Chepstow Dive Centre which is going to be baltic. Looking forward to getting that out of the way tbh.

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I have a couple of dogs that have replaced my kids now that they have flown the nest. Outside of that in an effort to get fit I now take part in indoor rowing competitions which I have become addicted too.I also enjoy seeing bands so go to a lot of pub and small hall concerts.
    I’ve been thinking of buying a rowing machine concept 2. I know it’s expensive but .... I’ve been a bit sedentary lately. 54 usd to play five aside until 50. Need to fill the gap. I play golf but that’s not enough . What are your thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    I’ve been thinking of buying a rowing machine concept 2. I know it’s expensive but .... I’ve been a bit sedentary lately. 54 usd to play five aside until 50. Need to fill the gap. I play golf but that’s not enough . What are your thoughts ?
    Dont do it unless moneys no object.

Youll soon get bored with a rower.

Join a gym.

If you can run/jog.

If youve got space somewhere for less cost get free weights bench. Dont splash out on a rower.

Exercise youve got to enjoy it.

Buying a rower the likelihood is it will soon be gathering dust.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Cardiff yeah, done the theory and pool and the weekend it's the Chepstow Dive Centre which is going to be baltic. Looking forward to getting that out of the way tbh.

Thanks for the advice
    You’ll be fine, try and keep warm between dives though.
    Are you with Rob at Cardiff Scuba?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    All of that sweet allotment pussy right?
    Have to prune one's bush and go see yer hoe

You’ll be fine, try and keep warm between dives though.
    Are you with Rob at Cardiff Scuba?
    Simon. Met Rob though, nice guy

I don't know Simon, but I've known Rob since before his Cardiff Scuba days - not that I've seen him for a long while, it's been a few years since I've dived in the UK, though I'm planning to get back in the water this year.

have fun on the weekend, and let me know how it goes.

Was it this weekend you were doing your O/W dives?
    If so how did it go??

If so how did it go??
    i remember my first OW dive, went in the sea in Sydney harbour, found a AUS$ 20 note floating at 5 M, grabbed it, stuffed it in my wetsuit and it paid for our ( mine and my dive buddies ) drinks that night result

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i remember my first OW dive, went in the sea in Sydney harbour, found a AUS$ 20 note floating at 5 M, grabbed it, stuffed it in my wetsuit and it paid for our ( mine and my dive buddies ) drinks that night result
    That must have been a while ago

I did mine in llanishen reservoir in 1991, it was shit and there was fcuk all to see but silt.

Cracking one off, firing one out and listening to guitar heavy music

If so how did it go??
    It was, was going fine but my friend that I was with got dangerously cold because her suit was full of water so got pulled out so I stopped as well and we're going to go back and finish another time. Bit gutted but we started together so we have to end together. Loved being underwater with all the vehicles and stuff though!

It was, was going fine but my friend that I was with got dangerously cold because her suit was full of water so got pulled out so I stopped as well and we're going to go back and finish another time. Bit gutted but we started together so we have to end together. Loved being underwater with all the vehicles and stuff though!
    Sounds like a good decision. Water temp wise you can’t get much colder than this time of year, and being out in the cold between dives freezes you in no time.
    A number of years ago I was diving out of Plymouth and it was snowing heavily over the sea, that was f’ing cold. I’ve also been night diving in Chepstow and was at about 15m when I saw a torch light fly down past me, and about a minute later it flew up past me, turns out the guy left his pee zip open.

There are some cool vehicles in there, you’ll have to wait before going into some of them though.

Sounds like a good decision. Water temp wise you can’t get much colder than this time of year, and being out in the cold between dives freezes you in no time.
    A number of years ago I was diving out of Plymouth and it was snowing heavily over the sea, that was f’ing cold. I’ve also been night diving in Chepstow and was at about 15m when I saw a torch light fly down past me, and about a minute later it flew up past me, turns out the guy left his pee zip open.

There are some cool vehicles in there, you’ll have to wait before going into some of them though.
    Yeah definitely not ready to go in anything yet

That must have been a while ago

You'd struggle to get many beers with that these days

You'd struggle to get many beers with that these days
    1 buck a schooner of VB back then happy days

I did my open water in Chepstow. Coldest I’ve ever been

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought the question was about hobbies, not daily activities...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought that the travel bug had gripped you as I heard that you were going to Krakow.....