+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todays plane tragedy

Re: Todays plane tragedy

The official report has exonerated the pilots; they did everything required of them by Boeing. Boeing are now saying that there is a chain of events that caused the aircraft to crash while at the same time have modified their software. Given the need for the software modifications to be approved by the FAA and the individual countries Aviation authorities these aircraft will not be flying any time soon.

The preliminary report makes for sober reading.

The pilots followed the correct course of action laid down by Boeing for an MCAS fault but this was still unable to save them.
    Their actions were exemplary even more so considering the experience level of the first officer.

Boeing are going to take a thumping with compensation claims from the bereaved families and rightly so.
    They created an unstable aircraft , bolted on a bit of extra software on as a fix , considered nothing ,and told no one.

It’s indefensible.

Sadly I've seen footage of the last 10-20 seconds of the flight and it's the most horrendous flight I've ever seen.
    The plane stalled for goodness sake. How and why would a plane need to stall?
    So appallingly sad.
    Great respect to the pilots who tried in vain to salvage the flight.
    RIP to those who lost their lives on the Ethiopian and Indonesian flights.
    My thoughts are with their loved ones.