+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Todays plane tragedy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Todays plane tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    SkyHighBluebird
    dont doubt what you say BUT
    it was not easy enough to disable it for those two crews.
    More intetestingly are we really saying that one AoA sensor faulty allows a modern computerised plane to crash itself in spite of terrain collision warnings evem though the pilots wete tryimg to fly it.
    the worst plane design ever i suggest.
    Crap computerised system in my opinion and terrifying !

give me a pilot and co pilot ..... over any computer when something goes wrong please

This is a scandal and Boeing might be in more trouble than they or we realise.
    360 dead massive speed of impact. The plane is garbage.
    It should have been easy enough to disable the MCAS system but due to inadequate training (not the crews fault I should add),they were unable too.

Also with regards to the AoA sensor note that the MCAS system only works when the autopilot is off, so engaging the autopilot with the push of a button or a flick of the electric trimmer on the control column would have overridden the MCAS.

Whilst the 737 dates back to 1966 , the MAX version is very much state of the art flightdeck and is very computerised ,it has more In common with the Dreamliner (another aircraft which had teething problems) than it does with earlier generations of the aircraft.

With over 5000 on order I think it is for from doomed imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    It should have been easy enough to disable the MCAS system but due to inadequate training (not the crews fault I should add),they were unable too.

Also with regards to the AoA sensor note that the MCAS system only works when the autopilot is off, so engaging the autopilot with the push of a button or a flick of the electric trimmer on the control column would have overridden the MCAS.

Whilst the 737 dates back to 1966 , the MAX version is very much state of the art flightdeck and is very computerised ,it has more In common with the Dreamliner (another aircraft which had teething problems) than it does with earlier generations of the aircraft.

Great information Thank you.

Well that's that then.
    At least now we can all wait until this clusterf@ck is sorted out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47562727

RIP

International

Teething problems???? Some fecking teething problems, about 350 fatal ones.

You have to engage the autotpilot system to override the MCAS system when flying in manual mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You have to engage the autotpilot system to override the MCAS system when flying in manual mode?
    Yes that’s correct.

Yes that’s correct.
    So if you you were flying on autopilot and needed to switch to manual control in an emergency, the only way to override MCAS would be to go back into autopilot mode?

International

This statement regarding the Air Lion crash report would seem to contradict what you said.

"Documents reveal that pilots flying last November reported engaging autopilot only for the aircraft's nose to pitch lower, prompting the warning system to exclaim: "Don't sink! Don't sink!"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This statement regarding the Air Lion crash report would seem to contradict what you said.

"Documents reveal that pilots flying last November reported engaging autopilot only for the aircraft's nose to pitch lower, prompting the warning system to exclaim: "Don't sink! Don't sink!"
    That's Interesting however id be curious as to the source of the documents mentioned.

Looking at the official KNKT Preliminary Aircraft accident invesitigation report

https://reports.aviation-safety.net/...RELIMINARY.pdf

If you look at page 11 with regards to the CVR transcript you'll note that the SIC (co-pilot) confirms to ATC that the aircraft is being flown manually due to a flight control problem, that was 2 mins and 17 seconds before impact.