+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks that the season is now resting on the following:

Am I the only one that thinks that the season is now resting on the following:

We need to maximise our points haul against:

Burnley
    Fulham
    Brighton
    Palace

which are all games that the team must be approaching with a view to winning, or at the very least drawing as much to damage the hopes of each opponent, even though the fates of Fulham and Palace could we sealed by the time that we play them.

Any point(s) that we get from

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Man Utd

would be a huge (and entirely unexpected) bonus.

Re: Am I the only one that thinks that the season is now resting on the following:

Nope, lots of us have said the same in other posts.

Re: Am I the only one that thinks that the season is now resting on the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Burnley
    Fulham
    Brighton
    Palace

which are all games that the team must be approaching with a view to winning, or at the very least drawing as much to damage the hopes of each opponent, even though the fates of Fulham and Palace could we sealed by the time that we play them.

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Man Utd

As I've said previously, I think Palace will be a very tough game. They are excellent away from home, hitting teams on the break. We can only hope they are already 'on the beach' as it were, otherwise the thought of us having to really have a go and attack them to get a result fills me with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As I've said previously, I think Palace will be a very tough game. They are excellent away from home, hitting teams on the break. We can only hope they are already 'on the beach' as it were, otherwise the thought of us having to really have a go and attack them to get a result fills me with dread.
    Let's hope Zaha bring his City form to the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Burnley
    Fulham
    Brighton
    Palace

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Man Utd

I think we’ll need to pick up some points against the big boys which maybe difficult as we’re already beaten before the kick off

If Burnley can pick up 4 or 5 points in their next 3 games against Leicester Wolves and Bournemouth, and avoid defeat against us then I think that'll be good enough for them to stay up.

Could we maybe hope (I can’t believe I’m saying this) that Man Utd make the champions league final and are comfortable in top 4 when we play them? Or Man City have wrapped up the premier league and resting players for their champions league final? .... clutching at straws here!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Didn't Zaha score the winner for us at Southampton last time we were in the Prem?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Didn't Zaha score the winner for us at Southampton last time we were in the Prem?
    Thought it was cala

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    No. Juan Cala did.

Zaha never scored one goal for us in his 12 appearances and also flatly refused to do the Ayatollah!!😱

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He certainly didn't at the away game.

I don’t see Chelsea as tottl write off. We played well against them at da bridge and they have been very inconsistent of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Could we maybe hope (I can’t believe I’m saying this) that Man Utd make the champions league final and are comfortable in top 4 when we play them? Or Man City have wrapped up the premier league and resting players for their champions league final? .... clutching at straws here!
    If it wasn’t for the 25 man squad, Man City could most probably field about 4 sides who’d cope with us. 😢