+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zinedine Zidane

Re: Zinedine Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Zidane was so good they were 17 points behind Barcelona last season. They would go as far as Ronaldo would take them.
    During his 2.5 years in charge Zidane won 3 Champions League finals and 1 La Liga title. The Barcelona manager won 2 La Liga titles. Who was more successful?

Furthermore, Zidane recognised that they came up short in his final year, and he put forward his proposal to remedy the situation. This was turned down, so he left.

Would you say he was bald as a player? Trying to work out if he gets into my bald players XI alongside lombardo

Perhaps with his ‘Dave hunt’ he’d have to be on the subs bench

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The goings on according to BBC correspondent Guillem Balague.

* Zidane left because he wasn't able to make the changes he wanted (Hazard?)
    * Perez has relinquished control of player aquisitions
    * Bad news for Bale, as he doesnt get on with Zidane
    * Good news for Hazard, as Zidane is now in charge of player aquisitions
    * Ramos had a barny with Perez

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47523681
    Balague seems to have negative bias towards Bale but I think it's fair to say Bale and Zidane's relationship wasn't the best.

I'm not saying Zidane doesn't have strengths as a manager but I don't know which young player you can pick out as Zidane's project, or which game Zidane changed tactics mid-game to change the result, or where he has created such positive support from a fanbase (even when they were winning Real Madrid fans were still whistle-pigs).... OGS is doing this currently at Man United. Zidane got his extremely talented players mentally ready for big games and they won. Now we get to see if he's anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    More nonsense from you
    More nonsense from CR7 tonight ,that was the thrust of my post, it's not about the manager who came and went ,its about the player that went .

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    or where he has created such positive support from a fanbase (even when they were winning Real Madrid fans were still whistle-pigs)
    Real Madrid fans would do this if they had the best qualities of Cruyff, Guardiola, Ferguson, Arrigo Sacchi and Bill Shankly all rolled into one manager! They're ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Would you say he was bald as a player? Trying to work out if he gets into my bald players XI alongside lombardo
    I'm not even sure Lombardo would get into a baldies XI. There is a lot of competition in the midfield there.

Bobby Charlton, Zidane, Gravesen, letchkov etc

In fact I would have

Barthez

??? Le-beouff Stam. Roberto Carlos
    Gravesen
    Robben Charlton Zidane
    Vialli di-Stefano

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not even sure Lombardo would get into a baldies XI. There is a lot of competition in the midfield there.

Bobby Charlton, Zidane, Gravesen, letchkov etc

In fact I would have

Barthez

??? Le-beouff Stam. Roberto Carlos
    Gravesen
    Robben Charlton Zidane
    Vialli di-Stefano
    I nominated Billy Hardy a while back, he’s got to be in👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I nominated Billy Hardy a while back, he’s got to be in👍
    In place of who?

Maybe Danny mills at right back?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It certainly helps having world class players in virtually every position
    CR7 : 438 games for Madrid and 450 goals , who will replace that, certainly not a manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In place of who?

Maybe Danny mills at right back?
    He’s Billy Hardy, no ‘in place of who’ comment. He’s most probably the stand out player in our cup winning photos because of his bald bonce. I’m having Billy Hardy on my bald team sheet because he’s ours, don’t care if any other Lato’s are better than him, he’s in !!!😂😂😂