Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I agree and I also think we are far more insular as a people and less willing to broaden our horizons elsewhere.

If you look at Graham Potter for example he was willing to uproot and go to Sweden where he was challenged in ways he wouldn't have experienced here.

I do think the tide is turning though. There is far more thought going into the development of footballers than there was 15 years ago.

Little children are encouraged to stay on the ball and dribble to give them a foundation and winning is now becoming secondary. It's interesting that only recently (beginning with Arsenal I believe) has strength and conditioning been given any credence at academy levels.

The fact that dinosaurs like Sam Allardyce and co are now getting frozen out highlights this. It's not enough to rant and show pashun anymore and players expect more.

I listened to a good podcast by Guillem Balague about Bielsa the other day and it was interesting that he was interviewing Adam Forshaw and Forshaw said he had no intention of going into management until he worked under Bielsa now he's seen what it can be he wants to give it a go.

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...d/p0725505.mp3

Kids going to Germany and experiencing different cultures can only be good for our game and can only further the game in this country.
For all the faults of the model that Chelsea and man city are running, they are at least taking youth coaching really seriously, and investigating a lot in the process.