+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football v Rugby

Re: Football v Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    A fair few incidents of sober rugby players attacking fans though.
    Yes I know few pub doorman would ring the police , when certain rugby players enter the pub , knowing where it will go and what came next .

Ask a few train divers or coppers how they view these events , look at A and E, Ambulance impacts ,and the blockage caused , for those needed real life saving treatments , for those in real need .

Never mind the impact to the public purse

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I know few pub doorman would ring the police , when certain rugby players enter the pub , knowing where it will go and what came next .

Ask a few train divers or coppers how they view these events , look at A and E, Ambulance impacts ,and the blockage caused , for those needed real life saving treatments , for those in real need .

Never mind the impact to the public purse
    Have any rugby fans not made it home from the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Have any rugby fans not made it home from the ground?
    One fell in the river Ely and drowned a few years back, so yes

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    One fell in the river Ely and drowned a few years back, so yes
    Caused by another rugby fan?

You’ve let yourself down there goats
    Yeah I feel it....feel really scummy, we should perpetuate the myth of how lovely it is being in the city centre post match, a little high jinx

Rugby players beat each other up on the pitch. No need for spectators to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Rugby players beat each other up on the pitch. No need for spectators to get involved.
    Mans game.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Mans game.
    Completely true. The hits these boys are taking in the pro game are phenomenal and its testament to how hard (mentally and physically) someone like AWJ is. Christ they hit hard enough when I watch Div 2 games.

Compared to footballers from juniors to the pro game who complain over the slightest touch is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Completely true. The hits these boys are taking in the pro game are phenomenal and its testament to how hard (mentally and physically) someone like AWJ is. Christ they hit hard enough when I watch Div 2 games.

Compared to footballers from juniors to the pro game who complain over the slightest touch is a joke.
    No surrounding the referee either, or waving imaginary cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Just call it wendyball and have done with it.

The hits these days are so big, I wonder if a load of rugby players will end up with Parkinson's when they are older.

If Paddy Power (St Iityds rugby teacher), or Mr Finn (St Albans rugby teacher), could come back from the grave and see the ball put in the scrum at 45 degrees, they would go absolutely mental.

What’s the point of scrums as there is now, NO SKILL INVOLVED, just pure brawn.

The game has become a cross between American football and Rugby League (with Sumo thrown in), no skill at all, just pure brawn.

The days of skilful players has gone, you just need to be a fat bastard to play now, 10 stone gingers not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Just call it wendyball and have done with it.

The hits these days are so big, I wonder if a load of rugby players will end up with Parkinson's when they are older.
    Too true, there is no historic precedent whereby the effects of the sort of collisions that are fairly commonplace today could be measured, because it just never used to happen back in the days when avoiding contact was actually a very important part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Too true, there is no historic precedent whereby the effects of the sort of collisions that are fairly commonplace today could be measured, because it just never used to happen back in the days when avoiding contact was actually a very important part of the game.
    What makes me smile is in my secondary school days in the late sixties the reason given for a number of us not being allowed to play football was that rugger included everyone all shapes and sizes were football excluded the more let’s say larger lads,how times have changed.

I wonder what Barry John,Phil Bennett or Gerald Davies think of rugby today bet they don’t recognise it as the game they once graced

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    I wonder what Barry John,Phil Bennett or Gerald Davies think of rugby today bet they don’t recognise it as the game they once graced
    You will never see players like them again !!!!!

Even wingers have to be 15 stone

If there was a 10 stone winger out there, faster and more skilful than George North, he wouldn’t get a look in as it’s a closed shop, fat fellas only allowed

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I

You will never see players like them again !!!!!

Even wingers have to be 15 stone

If there was a 10 stone winger out there, faster and more skilful than George North, he wouldn’t get a look in as it’s a closed shop, fat fellas only allowed
    Scotland have a winger who came from sevens and is less than 12 stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And we had Shane Williams, but such players are very much the exceptions these days - rugby is becoming like American Football, but without the protective clothing.

And we had Shane Williams, but such players are very much the exceptions these days - rugby is becoming like American Football, but without the protective clothing.
    But even these guys are very muscular and completely different specimens to the likes of John,Bennett or Davies,mind you didn’t stop Shane Williams being owned by an old over weight but amazingly competitive Matthew le Tissier on a sporting challenge programme a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn’t Scotland LOSE !!!!!!

This proofing you need fat bastards to win

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn’t Scotland LOSE !!!!!!

This proofing you need fat bastards to win
    Sonny bill Williams is 17 stone is he fat?

I've recently done some rugby coach training and it's still very much part of the game.

I suspect defence coaching is much more advanced than what it used to be and therefore the requirement to create overlaps and mismatches comes from quicker play and sucking in tacklers.

Well you wouldn’t wanna wake up next to it

Fatist reported

“Proofing”

Sounds like a blues singer from the Deep South.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    “Proofing”
    iPhone