+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Messi

Re: Messi

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who said that?
    No one. And you are right. Futsal players are very skillful. Fast tempo on the ball and small spaces help them achieve that. Fun sport that.

with or without futsal messi is the greatest 11 a side player the world will ever see . Ronaldo is up there with the greats but messi is the complete player .

as for futsal v football skill levels at top level both have incredible strengths tho i would say futsal is more technical which is natural as there is smaller space to play at fast pace

took in the FAW futsal finals on weekend and cardiff uni running out champion of Wales again and will now represent Wales in he Uefa futsal champions league in August . looking forward to another trip

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    with or without futsal messi is the greatest 11 a side player the world will ever see . Ronaldo is up there with the greats but messi is the complete player .

as for futsal v football skill levels at top level both have incredible strengths tho i would say futsal is more technical which is natural as there is smaller space to play at fast pace

took in the FAW futsal finals on weekend and cardiff uni running out champion of Wales again and will now represent Wales in he Uefa futsal champions league in August . looking forward to another trip
    Messi is the complete player and Ronaldo is the match winner. When you need someone with balls of steel, Ronnie is your man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Messi is the complete player and Ronaldo is the match winner. When you need someone with balls of steel, Ronnie is your man.
    It's remarkable really that there is someone better than Ronaldo at the same time, but there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's remarkable really that there is someone better than Ronaldo at the same time, but there is.
    Better in your mind.

Ronaldo has tremendous mental strength, which is why he excells in important matches when the chips are down. He is certainly a big game player.

I'd have either in my team and play to their strengths.

He’s scored 39 goals in all competitions so far this season so well on his way to bag 50+ the guy is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s scored 39 goals in all competitions so far this season so well on his way to bag 50+ the guy is amazing
    Comparing both careers so far Messi has more goals + assists than Ronaldo in about 150 fewer games. 150! Given how many he typically gets in a season, how many more would he have in an extra 3-4 seasons worth of games?

He was Barcelona's all time top scorer at 26 ffs, that's just ridiculous.

Comparing both careers so far Messi has more goals + assists than Ronaldo in about 150 fewer games. 150! Given how many he typically gets in a season, how many more would he have in an extra 3-4 seasons worth of games?

He was Barcelona's all time top scorer at 26 ffs, that's just ridiculous.
    Looking at it if Ronaldo stopped playing tomorrow he’d have 149 games to score 27 goals to surpass him in all time goals he’s scored 39 in 37 games this season. Amazing when you think of all the great players they’ve had

Ronnie is a great striker, finisher and leader, he definitely rises to the big occasion. He is the big I am. People love messi as he is quiet and unassuming. He’s skilful and can run and pass players with the ball at his feet like Ronnie could only dream of. He creates and will be remembered as a classic all rounder of our time, a genius with the ball. It wouldn’t be easy to choose which one you would want on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ronnie is a great striker, finisher and leader, he definitely rises to the big occasion. He is the big I am. People love messi as he is quiet and unassuming. He’s skilful and can run and pass players with the ball at his feet like Ronnie could only dream of. He creates and will be remembered as a classic all rounder of our time, a genius with the ball. It wouldn’t be easy to choose which one you would want on your team.
    You could build a highly successful team around either player, which people have done. It's all about playing to their strengths. If Ronaldo wins the Champions League with Juventus that really would be something else. I can't see it happening though.

Messi's stats are phenomenal but I feel if we're judging him by stats then we're missing the point.

Messi is an artist that does things that bring you joy.

I do believe Ronaldo is easier to measure by stats as you often hear that he is the perfect footballer cos he can run fast, jump high, strike the ball hard with both feet, head the ball etc but Messi is more than that in my opinion.

You can't define how he controls games. His vision, movements and decision making is something that is on a new level. I thought Maradona would always be the best I've ever seen but this guy takes football to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Messi's stats are phenomenal but I feel if we're judging him by stats then we're missing the point.

Messi is an artist that does things that bring you joy.

I do believe Ronaldo is easier to measure by stats as you often hear that he is the perfect footballer cos he can run fast, jump high, strike the ball hard with both feet, head the ball etc but Messi is more than that in my opinion.

You can't define how he controls games. His vision, movements and decision making is something that is on a new level. I thought Maradona would always be the best I've ever seen but this guy takes football to the next level.
    Messi does things you only see on a Fifa game

We’re lucky to have 2 fabulous footballers playing at the same time as each other, both on another level.
    I love the way Messi plays the game though, an absolute joy to watch every time he steps onto the football pitch.

Peronally I always liked Pirlo better than both of these. There is stats and there are opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Peronally I always liked Pirlo better than both of these. There is stats and there are opinions..
    Pirlo was an amazing player but imo I think Messi is a better passer and has better vision

Pirlo was an amazing player but imo I think Messi is a better passer and has better vision
    I'd love to see your bedroom, is any of the wallpaper still visible or has it been completely covered by posters of Messi?

You are crazy! Can’t think of anyone with better passing and vision! My opinion of course, and if I had to guess, stats back that 😉

You are crazy! Can’t think of anyone with better passing and vision! My opinion of course, and if I had to guess, stats back that ��
    I’m genuinely intrigued I’d you would like to do the ground work it would be interesting to see

I’m genuinely intrigued I’d you would like to do the ground work it would be interesting to see
    I will when i Get the time.. Got curious myself 😂
    There is a story about Pirlo after a session at Milan. A reporter asked him if he could hit the crossbar from the center of the midfield. “I’m not sure he said” laid the ball down in center and hit it.

He repeated that five times before he went to the showers, saying he was getting bored. Not sure if it’s true or not. But a great legend!

I will when i Get the time.. Got curious myself ��
    There is a story about Pirlo after a session at Milan. A reporter asked him if he could hit the crossbar from the center of the midfield. “I’m not sure he said” laid the ball down in center and hit it.

He repeated that five times before he went to the showers, saying he was getting bored. Not sure if it’s true or not. But a great legend!
    You know when someone is awesome when they’ve never had to run for 20 years

You know when someone is awesome when they’ve never had to run for 20 years
    exactly

Personally I'd give Pirlo the edge when it comes to passing but no other part of his game comes even close.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Personally I'd give Pirlo the edge when it comes to passing but no other part of his game comes even close.
    Long range passing yes but I’ve never seen anyone who can see and play a through ball like Leo, I can’t remember who it was against but he made an insane pass this season that took 5 players out of it completely

Long range passing yes but I’ve never seen anyone who can see and play a through ball like Leo, I can’t remember who it was against but he made an insane pass this season that took 5 players out of it completely
    This young Welsh lad takes out 7 players

http://www.big-assist.com/2019/01/15...toke-city-u18/