+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

The world is near its end. I can't do anything on Facebook.

Re: Facebook

My mrs and daughter were acting like the world is ending earlier bloody Facebook **** wits

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    My mrs and daughter were acting like the world is ending earlier bloody Facebook **** wits

I wouldn't fret over a company that is under criminal investigation. In fact, I would probably just close my account

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ion/ar-BBUK1BA

I binned facebook years ago.

stopped a year ago

don't trust it
    don't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I can't help think fake news. Shouldn't think this way but I trust nothing nowadays. We live in a twisted world.

Absolute load of Shite .... deactivated my account in Jan not been back since

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Apparently the police in New Zealand were inundated with phone calls about it.

I use it to stay in touch with people around the world, it is great for that

people who say " oh it peddles fake news " well we now know that, lets not take our news from TB then

if you use it for staying in touch with people, then it works

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can't help think fake news. Shouldn't think this way but I trust nothing nowadays. We live in a twisted world.

Inbox me hun

Dun wiv men, jst me n my kids now.

Got rid of it ages ago, don’t miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Dun wiv men, jst me n my kids now.

Got rid of it ages ago, don’t miss it.
    That's more indicative of the people you chose to follow rather than the system itself.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    That's more indicative of the people you chose to follow rather than the system itself.
    Indeed

I must admit I have very little pop up on my timeline , as most are unfollowed, they might post a picture of what they had for tea, I am not interested in that , but I might occasionally think “ what is so-and-so upto “ so I just have a look

It’s harmless enough and helps me stay in touch with them

Also find the “ groups “ handy especially for the girls sports

Closed my account about 5 years ago, after bumping into someone I'd not seen for a decade and realising we had nothing to talk about because we'd seen each others' news on facebook anyway.

It's freed up a lot of my time and makes sure I actually see and speak to my friends fairly regularly. I did miss a wedding because a colleague had done all their invites through facebook, but that is a small price to pay for the thousands of hours I have been saved from fretting over people being wrong on the internet.

If you want to create a 6 page thread consisting primarily of people telling you how much they dislike the topic you've raised, start one about Facebook or rugby.

Deactivated my account on Boxing day ain't missed it at all, feel much better when I bump into FB friends now happy to see them instead of thinking what they posted last week that i didn't like. as far as old friends I ain't seen for decades after the initial "wow how are you" i soon realise why we never stayed in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    If you want to create a 6 page thread consisting primarily of people telling you how much they dislike the topic you've raised, start one about Facebook or rugby.

It's DARPA, lifelog, spying on you
    Last edited by Rogersblue; 15-03-19 at 10:28. Reason: Spelling mistake