+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Benn

Tony Benn

"If democracy is destroyed in Britain, it will be not the communists, Trotskyists or subversives but this House which threw it away. The rights that are entrusted to us are not for us to give away."

Rt Hon Tony Benn.

Re: Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    "If democracy is destroyed in Britain, it will be not the communists, Trotskyists or subversives but this House which threw it away. The rights that are entrusted to us are not for us to give away."

Rt Hon Tony Benn.
    A great man

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A great man
    He also had great foresight. He knew it would be an enemy from within that gave away this country of ours.

"No deal is better than a bad deal"

I never bought Tony Benn because he didn't pass my Bilderberg smell test. As far as I could determine, and I searched long and hard, he never shone a light upon it in spite of having plenty of Bilderbergers as colleagues and fighting a deputy leadership campaign against one of its co-founder's and multi-attendee in Denis Healey. He did occasionally make vague references to the money power of the usurious bankers but never anything explicit Joe Soap would understand. Controlled opposition.