+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala Pilot Debts...

Sala Pilot Debts...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-before.html

Not really sure what this tells us, apart from the fact that it probably wasn't a fee-share flight which we already know anyway - I can't actually see what the DM's point is.

Re: Sala Pilot Debts...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-before.html

Not really sure what this tells us, apart from the fact that it probably wasn't a fee-share flight which we already know anyway - I can't actually see what the DM's point is.
    The pilot had racked up debts with several companies and was therefore living a lifestyle well beyond his financial means. He was in need of the cash to pay an immediate debt and couldn't fill in a flight plan accurately (incorrect aircraft reg) which implies he wasn't familiar with the aircraft and was underqualified for the expected flight conditions. Looks like DH was doing DI a favour in taking the flight. No doubt lawyers will need to look into the relationship between the two pilots. Was this a one-off or was DH frequently sub-letting pseudo commercial flights to his mates and was DH in for a cut of the pilot's payment?
    On a side note, a few years back, there was a loud explosion by us. Turned out a microlight pilot had flown into overhead transmission cables. He had neither training nor a licence to fly....and he was the dad of one of my daughter's friends. So, there are people out there taking risk with flying. Defies common sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The pilot had racked up debts with several companies and was therefore living a lifestyle well beyond his financial means. He was in need of the cash to pay an immediate debt and couldn't fill in a flight plan accurately (incorrect aircraft reg) which implies he wasn't familiar with the aircraft and was underqualified for the expected flight conditions. Looks like DH was doing DI a favour in taking the flight. No doubt lawyers will need to look into the relationship between the two pilots. Was this a one-off or was DH frequently sub-letting pseudo commercial flights to his mates and was DH in for a cut of the pilot's payment?
    On a side note, a few years back, there was a loud explosion by us. Turned out a microlight pilot had flown into overhead transmission cables. He had neither training nor a licence to fly....and he was the dad of one of my daughter's friends. So, there are people out there taking risk with flying. Defies common sense really.
    Gone very quiet of late, have we paid Nantes the first instalment or have they given up on it as they know somethings up.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Gone very quiet of late, have we paid Nantes the first instalment or have they given up on it as they know somethings up.....
    As I understand it, no not paid and no Nantes haven't given up. This one will run and run.

International

I think the thing I noticed was that there was no attempt in the article to beat city up about anything. what particularly caught my attention was the phraseology regarding the payment to Nantes... "Fifa continue to investigate a claim by Sala's former club Nantes to force Cardiff to pay the player's transfer fee."

The tone of the whole article strikes me as being sympathetic to us which is a nice change. but maybe I'm seeing what I want to see.

Don't forget that the WoL are creaming themselves over the egg so don't expect any football journalism for the next week or so...