+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FC Schalke 04 Fire Manager

FC Schalke 04 Fire Manager

I wonder where that will leave Rabbi Matondo? He's been an unused sub for the past few games. They paid quite a bit for him too.

Re: FC Schalke 04 Fire Manager

He’s 18 with no previous first team experience. Don’t panic.

And they only paid £9million for him

I don't think they bought him to be an immediate starter

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wonder where that will leave Rabbi Matondo? He's been an unused sub for the past few games. They paid quite a bit for him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Another manager not trained up to work with kids

I'm not really panicking I was just commenting on the fact that a youngster has only recently moved to a foreign country, and the bloke who brought him there got sacked after a month.

And they only paid £9million for him
    It's quite a bit for someone who's 18 with no previous first team experience.

Schalke fan here.

The club is not run in the same way British clubs are, and player recruitment is not handled by the chief trainer/coach. Part of the reason the coach was sacked yesterday was down to the current group of players being unable to listen to his instructions, and basically not playing for him. Performances over the last few weeks have been nothing short of embarrassing, but the coach did not bring these guys in. The manager that did left the club a few weeks back....

The change in Coach yesterday should not affect Matondo at all, and if he works hard he will definitely get the opportunity. He seems to be friendly with some of the better influences in the dressing room so fingers crossed it works out for him.

Also I think the fee was 9 million Euros, so about 8 million pounds, + bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Schalke fan here.

The club is not run in the same way British clubs are, and player recruitment is not handled by the chief trainer/coach. Part of the reason the coach was sacked yesterday was down to the current group of players being unable to listen to his instructions, and basically not playing for him. Performances over the last few weeks have been nothing short of embarrassing, but the coach did not bring these guys in. The manager that did left the club a few weeks back....

The change in Coach yesterday should not affect Matondo at all, and if he works hard he will definitely get the opportunity. He seems to be friendly with some of the better influences in the dressing room so fingers crossed it works out for him.

Also I think the fee was 9 million Euros, so about 8 million pounds, + bonuses
    Thanks for the input. I noticed he had some game time when he first arrived, but has been sat on the bench for the past few games. What is your take on this?

One for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for the input. I noticed he had some game time when he first arrived, but has been sat on the bench for the past few games. What is your take on this?
    There were a few 'first team' players injured when he first arrived, but they have since returned. However in the games he did play, I didn't see anything to suggest he's ready to be in the starting 11. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, maybe just give the lad some time to develop around the first team and become used to the culture/language etc... but I'm sure he will get a run out under the new coach in the next few weeks.

Also given how toxic the atmosphere has been over the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if the last coach held him back a little to maybe shield him from some of the criticism being directed at the players right now. It's been intense!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    There were a few 'first team' players injured when he first arrived, but they have since returned. However in the games he did play, I didn't see anything to suggest he's ready to be in the starting 11. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, maybe just give the lad some time to develop around the first team and become used to the culture/language etc... but I'm sure he will get a run out under the new coach in the next few weeks.

Also given how toxic the atmosphere has been over the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if the last coach held him back a little to maybe shield him from some of the criticism being directed at the players right now. It's been intense!!
    He wasn't even on the bench yesterday. Hopefully he will get a runout for Wales at some point during the next week.