Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 89

Thread: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

  1. #1

    40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    With the rise of the far right this is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time before a similar attack happens in the UK.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798


  2. #2

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    The amount of Muslim hate spread in the media is to blame for this. The rise of “alt right” commentators and how YouTube, google, twitter and Facebook promote them and their dog whistle conspiracy theories is responsible for this.

    White supremacist terrorism has been the biggest cause of terrorism in the western world for quite a while now and will only get worse.

  3. #3

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    And before anyone questions that, here’s a breakdown of his manifesto:

    https://twitter.com/wajahatali/statu...181139456?s=21

  4. #4

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    With the rise of the far right this is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time before a similar attack happens in the UK.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798

    Shocking. As bad as some of the more violent european jihadist attacks in terms of numbers.

    Ready-made recruitment propaganda for any would-be jihadist....or any crazy little nazi white kid for that matter.

  5. #5

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The amount of Muslim hate spread in the media is to blame for this. The rise of “alt right” commentators and how YouTube, google, twitter and Facebook promote them and their dog whistle conspiracy theories is responsible for this.

    White supremacist terrorism has been the biggest cause of terrorism in the western world for quite a while now and will only get worse.
    This: The Daily Mail, Sun, Yaxley-Lennon, Katie Hopkins, Theresa May, Boris Johnson all peddling hate on a daily basis. It makes me sick to my stomach.

  6. #6

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    49 now dead FFS.

  7. #7

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And before anyone questions that, here’s a breakdown of his manifesto:

    https://twitter.com/wajahatali/statu...181139456?s=21
    It's true. Trump repeatedly used the word invasion last year. He stressed and repeated it as much as he could, and this is why. To make people feel scared, and scared people lash out.

  8. #8

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    It’s all been completely normalised by people like him, Ben Shipario, Jordan Peterson, Jacob Whol etc.

    The last big terrorist attacks in the west have been against women, Jewish people, Muslim people and gay people.

    If you aren’t a straight white man they hate you and they’re stirring up this feeling of empowerment and the media still ignores it and says every Muslim is a threat.

  9. #9

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand


  10. #10

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    This: The Daily Mail, Sun, Yaxley-Lennon, Katie Hopkins, Theresa May, Boris Johnson all peddling hate on a daily basis. It makes me sick to my stomach.
    here we go...

  11. #11

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Couldn’t Al Gore or some lefty megalomaniac put on a huge stadium event where all the nazis and religious fundamentalists are rounded up and have to battle it out to the death. That’s basically what they want. Could be sorted out super fast.

  12. #12

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    here we go...
    What do you disagree with from that?

  13. #13

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Couldn’t Al Gore or some lefty megalomaniac put on a huge stadium event where all the nazis and religious fundamentalists are rounded up and have to battle it out to the death. That’s basically what they want. Could be sorted out super fast.
    This might be the best solution I've ever heard.

  14. #14

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    The guy praised memes and says he was radicalised online in his manifesto. At a time when UKIP are hiring tommy Robinson and alt-right “comedians” and Youtubers. The sun and boris Johnson normalise islamaphobia.

    Yet people still say these people are “lone wolves”. The same people will believe and promote George Soros conspiracy theories and then act shocked when there’s a shooting at a Jewish temple.

    It’s crazy so many people still ignore this.

  15. #15

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    here we go...
    And your point is?

  16. #16

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Depending on where you are born, and if you are lucky enough to avoid major accidents and illness, a human can live on this wonderful planet for 100 yrs. Sadly, that’s not enough for some.
    We have the intelligence and know how, to design and create the most wonderful things.
    We have the ability to live in a world where every single person could have a peaceful and comfortable lifestyle. Yet we are also plagued with ignorance, greed and religion.
    We, as humans, have everything we could possibly need, but that’s not enough for some.
    Throughout history, the masses of peace loving, hard working people, have been handicapped, duped and short changed by a minority of people who peddle hatred, poverty and greed.
    There is no answer or cure.

  17. #17

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    I think the problem is now the hatred and indoctrination is easier to spread than ever. Watch a video on YouTube and they suggest an alt right or outright Nazi propaganda video.

    The algorithms for google and YouTube are more dangerous than we realise.

  18. #18

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    When a terrorist actually says "Remember, subscribe to Pewdiepie!" and listens to meme music as he kills 49 innocent people.

    What a ****ing world we live in...

  19. #19

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s all been completely normalised by people like him, Ben Shipario, Jordan Peterson, Jacob Whol etc.

    The last big terrorist attacks in the west have been against women, Jewish people, Muslim people and gay people.

    If you aren’t a straight white man they hate you and they’re stirring up this feeling of empowerment and the media still ignores it and says every Muslim is a threat.
    I agree with your first post and people like Trump, Boris Johnson, Daily Mail, The Sun etc are a disgrace and should take a large amount of responsibility regarding the rise of the far right, I do however disagree with your conclusion that Peterson and Shapiro are to blame.

    I've listened to a lot of their debates and wholly agree with a lot of the things they say.

    I do believe that the left are trying to reign in free speech and close debate. Everybody is offended by everything in this day and age and this also brings deep frustrations and open the door for more sinister thought processes to develop.

    Absolute horrendous attack, last night and unfortunately the mainstream press will brush it under the carpet cos it was Muslims not mainly white people killed.

  20. #20

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    When a terrorist actually says "Remember, subscribe to Pewdiepie!" and listens to meme music as he kills 49 innocent people.

    What a ****ing world we live in...
    What is meme music?

  21. #21

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Ben Shapiro has actually said Israelites build things, Muslims blow them up. It’s all done under the guise of free speech and people are getting taken in by it.

    It’s a genuine right wing method to preach stuff like this under a free speech argument. But if your free speech is making other people less free should that really be encouraged?

    Jordon Peterson preaches nothing other than sexism under a guise of faux intellectualism. The guy isn’t even an impressive intellectual if you listen to him it’s all platitudes and buzz words that mean nothing.

    Do people really think they aren’t allowed their free speech? Dont get taken in by it.

    The Venn diagram of people who preach free speech but thought Abu hamza should have been locked up for his preaching is a perfect circle.

  22. #22

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Some of Ben Shapiro’s “freeze peach” tweets

    Isrealites like to build things. Arabs like to bomb crap and live in open sewage
    Yes Islam is at war with the west
    Above 800 million Muslims are radicalised that’s a majority
    So these are defending free speech?

    Let’s not forget that manifesto of the Canadian guy who shot up a mosque mentioned Shapiro in it.

  23. #23

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    So extremely sickening & sad. Christchurch is one of my favourite places in the world & we have considered emigration to there because of the wonderful welcome of the people and the nature of the city. It would be one of the last places on earth I would have thought this horror would take place.

  24. #24

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Somehow the casual throw away jokey references make this even more horrific. If is like a horrible mix of nihilism and hate

    The thread on 4chan (I think it was) is really depressing reading with people openly celebrating the attack and finding it hilarious.

  25. #25

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    How do they know they're right wing, plus the usual suspect blaming trump, ie lardy.

  26. #26

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    How do they know they're right wing, plus the usual suspect blaming trump, ie lardy.
    I’m going to put this out there but the shooter is far right due to the news feed I’ve seen.

    Mark my words they are.

  27. #27

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some of Ben Shapiro’s “freeze peach” tweets







    So these are defending free speech?

    Let’s not forget that manifesto of the Canadian guy who shot up a mosque mentioned Shapiro in it.
    I haven't read the quotes above before and of course they are ridiculous, however I do believe that debate is now constrained cos of people's clamour to be offended.

    I don't think you can throw out everything someone says even though you profoundly disagree with something else they say.

  28. #28

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    How do they know they're right wing, plus the usual suspect blaming trump, ie lardy.
    Because he’s released a manifesto.

    What political leanings do you expect a Nazi who shoots up a mosque to have?

    This whole both sides are ok stuff has to stop. F*ck the far right and **** anyone who tries to defend them. They are part of the problem.

  29. #29

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    What is pewdipie? And what is the significance of him saying to subscribe to it? I am not up with social media so this bit is totally lost on me!

  30. #30

    Re: 40 people killed in mosque in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I haven't read the quotes above before and of course they are ridiculous, however I do believe that debate is now constrained cos of people's clamour to be offended.

    I don't think you can throw out everything someone says even though you profoundly disagree with something else they say.
    The whole “offended” stuff they come out with is bollocks too. They’ve made people believe all universities are people constantly offended when it’s not even an issue there. It’s all used under the guise to make racism and sexism normalised.

    I think you can write someone off as not being genuine with their concerns when they spend half their time promoting hate against others.

    People should be offended by racism and sexism. These things should be stamped out.

    Do you think Choudary should not be in prison then if you’re such a free speech advocate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •