+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley play twice at home before we have our next game

Re: Burnley play twice at home before we have our next game

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That won’t give a lot of time for organising tickets, transport etc...
    So what? Us fans don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fortune farts in our face once again.

If they get anything at all from their games, it still heaps added pressure on us.

If we do manage to avoid the drop this season, we will have done it the hard way no question.
    We don’t tend to do too well after breaks, this one is even longer than the tedious international ones.....a worry. We looked good v West Ham, let’s hope that shape and determination continues......

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Significantly, all of the five sides immediately above us have picked up points against the top six. We gave Arsenal two good games, but can anyone honestly say that there was any time in the second half of our matches against the other five that you thought we could get something out of the game? As mentioned earlier, it's the nature of our performances against Spurs, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and Liverpool that has been almost as disappointing as the results themselves - I reckon if we play with the intensity in our next game that we showed in our last one, we've got a chance of getting something against Chelsea, but we've been like a side that was beaten before a ball was kicked in all of our matches against the five sides I mentioned earlier (I'd say that's what we've been guilty of, rather than not trying).

One other thing, perhaps if we would have treated the FA Cup with some seriousness we might not be having all of these long breaks between fixtures - look how damaging the last one was to us.

We need some of that how did Newcastle beat Man City juice, along with a dose of how Burnely and saints beat spurs....those results might well be the difference this season.

Common Leicester show some form today , you have the bloody squad to deliver a win .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Significantly, all of the five sides immediately above us have picked up points against the top six. We gave Arsenal two good games, but can anyone honestly say that there was any time in the second half of our matches against the other five that you thought we could get something out of the game? As mentioned earlier, it's the nature of our performances against Spurs, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and Liverpool that has been almost as disappointing as the results themselves - I reckon if we play with the intensity in our next game that we showed in our last one, we've got a chance of getting something against Chelsea, but we've been like a side that was beaten before a ball was kicked in all of our matches against the five sides I mentioned earlier (I'd say that's what we've been guilty of, rather than not trying).

One other thing, perhaps if we would have treated the FA Cup with some seriousness we might not be having all of these long breaks between fixtures - look how damaging the last one was to us.
    A lot depends on the opposition.
    On their day these sides can all blow bottom 6 teams away.

But then if they have loads of injuries to key players like Spurs did, or Euro games a few days before then it gives you a tiny chance.

Our best chance was Spurs away, although we also did well at Arsenal.

We were unlucky with Man U - getting them post Mourinho.

Don’t think we’ve had the luck of the draw overall with these games.

On the other hand it might work out better for us in the next few weeks with so many involved in Europe and the FA Cup 🤞

Luck doesnt factor over a full season, quality and determination does.

My lord Burnley have some tough games coming up. I can't see them picking up many points from what I saw of them today. It's going to be tough for us too but you get the feeling that they will be under more pressure than us.

If they lose the next one against Wolves then that Chelsea game looks ideal to break our top 6 losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    My lord Burnley have some tough games coming up. I can't see them picking up many points from what I saw of them today. It's going to be tough for us too but you get the feeling that they will be under more pressure than us.

If they lose the next one against Wolves then that Chelsea game looks ideal to break our top 6 losing streak.
    Come on the Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Come on the Wolves!
    It's getting very dog like having to rely on Foxes and Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where’s Billy Woof when you need him?

Hopefully the Magpies can also steal a few points from Southampton and Brighton aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hopefully the Magpies can also steal a few points from Southampton and Brighton aswell.
    Don’t bring birds into it, they don’t know the offside rule !!!!! (Does anyone )

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

I was expecting Leicester to win there yesterday, though after the early sending off I doubted my prediction somewhat. Wolves record against sides towards the bottom isn't great - 4 points from 5 games against the current bottom 3, plus they've lost as many games against teams in 14th and lower and have a worse points average than they do against teams currently placed 13th and higher. Bournemouth will beat them down there, then they have 4 tough games after playing us, 3 against the current top 6. We must not lose our game at Turf Moor, while a win possibly makes us favourites to survive, especially if Burnley don't pick up a win in the next two.

Not losing to Burnley away is going to be a key milestone IMO

If we do go down, I feel it will be due to not beating uddersfield more than any other results.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If we do go down, I feel it will be due to not beating uddersfield more than any other results.
    I think losing at home against Burnley is more significant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    This is the very damning statistic. It's not only the outcome of these games but the way in which we have approached and played in them too. Nothing short of rolling over and letting them trample us (Arsenal aside).
    And Tottenham away where we only lost 1-0 with 10 men and hit the post near the end.

We also put up a fair fight against both Liverpool and Chelsea away, being only 2-1 down in both going into the last 10minutes or so

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Conversely: if we pick up wins in our away games it will be massively demoralising for Burnley and Southampton as it will block their ability to pull away in a period where they probably feel they must.

It's still all to play for and it's not incredible to think that we might get a result at Chelsea. It's still 11 professional footballers vs 11 professional footballers.
    We're playing them at home.

I've been saying for several weeks that we need a result against one of the big 6 to gave any hope of staying up.
    Chelsea is looking like the one we may just be able to pull off a shock. If Hazard is crocked we will have a chance.

Luck doesnt factor over a full season, quality and determination does.
    Luck absolutely does factor over a full season. A season isn't nearly enough games for it to guarantee it is evened out.
    You'd probably need several hundred games a season to take luck as a factor out effectively.

On the other hand, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so you're better off just ignoring it

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think losing at home against Burnley is more significant.
    Yes absolutely this.
    On the strength of chances created, we would be expected to have won that game about 85% of the time. It is one of the most against the run of play wins in the last 5 years in the premier League

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I've been saying for several weeks that we need a result against one of the big 6 to gave any hope of staying up.
    Chelsea is looking like the one we may just be able to pull off a shock. If Hazard is crocked we will have a chance.
    If we stand any chance we have to be right in their faces from the very off.

Not just things canine and avian on this thread then. Bovine is included...

Are you sure? Ok up there we should have won, them down to 10 and that Morrison miss😡 but the other week down here it was a point gained. Huddersfield were better than us all over the pitch, we were lucky to get the 0-0. Burnley at home was the one, we murdered them in a 1-2 defeat 😡😡😡😡

If there's one top 6 team we can beat it's Chelsea. Stop Hazard and it's half job done. Bring Jazz Richards out of semi-retirment, remember him pocketing him for Wales...

Brighton, Burnley and Fulham away. We know we have to win these games so that should play in our favour. If Burnley lose at home to Wolves next game then it's very much on, their end to the season is shocking!