+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 25 - 7 IRELAND. Grand Slam winners

Re: Wales v Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    If it makes you happy
    Why would it make me happy? It makes me laugh that people who dislike rugby can't wait to post in threads about rugby

Re: FT: WALES 25 - 7 IRELAND. Grand Slam winners

I didn’t realise that there was a rule that you were only allowed to post on certain topics. Lol

Sorry, you are right.

I meant egg chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not so sure it's the Wales winning that gives me the most pleasure, it's these arrogant know-it-all types in the England team, management and media getting egg (pun intended) all over their faces.

The six nations finale all set up for an English victory parade.
    The biggest of anti-climaxes
    Spot on. Inverdale, Johnson, dallaglio, Chris sutton, ave it.

Wales up to second in the world now. You go through all sorts of scenarios in the days leading to a game like today's, but I never came up with one that had Wales winning as comfortably as that. By the end, I was getting so greedy that I was disappointed to see Ireland avoid getting "nilled". Ideally, Wales would have been a more exciting side to watch, but I think they proved themselves to be the best side in the tournament and well done to the much criticised Anscombe for a deserved man of the match award.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Spot on. Inverdale, Johnson, dallaglio, Chris sutton, ave it.
    That twat Johnson at the end "don't forget Wales had England and Ireland at home certainly makes it easier"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol. Like me.

I watched 5 mins at HT at the non League game that I’m watching.

It is SO dull. I walked out. I just do not get it.
    I HAVE TO TELL THESE PEOPLE PEACEFULLY ENJOYING THE WALES VICTORY THAT I HATE RUGBY AND THINK IT'S BORING THEY HAVE TO KNOW

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales up to second in the world now. You go through all sorts of scenarios in the days leading to a game like today's, but I never came up with one that had Wales winning as comfortably as that. By the end, I was getting so greedy that I was disappointed to see Ireland avoid getting "nilled". Ideally, Wales would have been a more exciting side to watch, but I think they proved themselves to be the best side in the tournament and well done to the much criticised Anscombe for a deserved man of the match award.
    personally I thought AWJ was motm but can see why anscombe had it impeccable goal kicking, the best part was to see all the players who are out injured the strength in depth we have is awesome we just need to make sure Adam beard is always playing

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That twat Johnson at the end "don't forget Wales had England and Ireland at home certainly makes it easier"
    He was also saying at HT that the players were rightly upset by many of the refereeing decisions.

See my earlier post regarding what gives me more pleasure

Wales European Champions for the 27th time including 12 Grand Slams,and 2 World Cup semifinals if only we were that good at Football!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The away team gets to chose, obviously because no other team has a roof so it would give Wales an unfair advantage.
    Yes I get that but let's be honest, the conditions made the quality of rugby poor especially 2nd half. Ironically they made a comeback virtually impossible for Ireland.
    The game, which struggles to attract interest these days, should be promoting covering the pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Wales European Champions for the 27th time including 12 Grand Slams,and 2 World Cup semifinals if only we were that good at Football!
    It’s those pesky Germans, Spanish, Portuguese, Russians, Croatians, Swedes, Belgians etc not to mention those South American little tinkers that put the kybosh on that. 😡😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Leicester won today, everything else is irrelevant
    Aye. In your little world,🏉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍺🥃👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s those pesky Germans, Spanish, Portuguese, Russians, Croatians, Swedes, Belgians etc not to mention those South American little tinkers that put the kybosh on that. 😡😡😡
    That’s always been a shit argument. 21 football World Cup finals, with almost every country on the planet involved and there have only been 8 different winners
    Only been 7 rugby world cups, with a lot fewer countries involved than football but there’s already benen 4 different winners. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They all play International Rugby Union but they’re not very good!

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ironic considering the conditions and how Ireland didn’t cope with them.
    The Ireland manager didn't want the roof closed. But it wasn't about the weather suiting Ireland, it was about the noise and the atmosphere with it closed that he wanted to nullify.

Fat lot of good that did him.

Mr Gatland had it right, "It's our stadium, we should be allowed to do what we want with it."

The others are just jealous. How much did Wembley cost, and the roof still doesn't shut lol

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The away team gets to decide whether the roof is open or closed. The roof should always be open it’s not and indoor game
    It’s not an away team decision, but both teams have to agree to have it closed. I guess Ireland thought it would be an advantage for them to play in the rain.

well done Wales

Wales were superb and Alan Wyn Jones is the greatest forward to ever play for Wakes.

just like football irish2 think it's unfair to label players with compliments and acolades from years gone by

the great welsh side from the 70;s wouldn't survive the modern rugby world

in that assumption I would say Alun wyn jones is the greatest forward from the modern era

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just like football irish2 think it's unfair to label players with compliments and acolades from years gone by

in that assumption I would say Alun wyn jones is the greatest forward from the modern era
    Agree, completely unfair and unnecessary. What you also have to consider is that the players of that era had jobs, trained after work got boot money.
    The modern players get huge sponsorship and salaries.
    The difference in care they receive from coaching to Medical treatment worlds apart.
    It's a tough sport but rewarding if you are talented and dedicated.

This Welsh team has won the Slam playing in second gear. There is plenty more to come from this side. They can win the World Cup and Gatland knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This Welsh team has won the Slam playing in second gear. There is plenty more to come from this side. They can win the World Cup and Gatland knows that.
    Completely agree with you. And for the first time so do I. This team is remorseless. Yesterday they simply ground Ireland into the floor. As they did England. They have a genuine shout. Agree with anscombe as mom yesterday. Probably awj wins player of tournament but how good are navidi and tiperic, individually and together. Exciting times...

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Very good points 👍
    I think AWJ though with his natural talent would shine in any era but I see what you mean.
    A brilliant role model too, I always rated him even more so now after this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm not so sure that we have much more to give as an attacking force - any team in the world would miss Falletau, but do we have anyone who can come in and make us more of an attacking threat?

If you leave aside the 74-24 romp against Tonga in November, it is now eleven matches, and more than a year, since Wales scored more than two tries in a game - I don't think you can be in "second gear" for that long and then start carrying a real try scoring threat when you come to a World Cup.