Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
I think you’re being extremely unfair Paul, when we’ve needed to go expansive we have as I’ve pointed out earlier we are probably the only team that can really play any type of rugby although our defence was awesome again we had the majority of possession against Ireland until we didn’t really need it
I think I'm only being realistic. I'll be as thrilled as anyone if we win the World Cup and, on a personal level, I wouldn't be too bothered about how we went about doing it. However, if you are in a position where you can influence the laws of a sport which is trying to increase a global profile that is pretty limited, rather than just a fan of the Welsh rugby team, you are not going to be too happy if your flagship tournament is won by a team playing a conservative game which places more of an emphasis on defending than the creative side of the game. Sporting winners create plenty of imposters of their methods and I don't think the IRB would be too happy if all of their members started playing the game in the manner we have done for our last fourteen games.